Perustopia Book Club discussion

Summer book recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Love | 50 comments I’m looking for light, fun books that are good to read during the summer. The kind of book you would read on a beach. Primarily contemporary, but I would be open to more genres :) Thanks so much!

message 2: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments I've read some of Morgan Matson's books and would recommend them. They're pretty well known for being summer reads :)
I also really liked The Sun is Also a Star, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and Fangirl as summer reads... many because I read them during summer and it fit the summer vibes perfectly ;)

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 72 comments The Royals by Rachel Hawkins was a super quick and fun read for me.
I’m also currently reading Anna and The French Kiss which is also fluffy and light.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 79 comments Review: The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins

http://shannonbookworm.blogspot.com/2...

Okay so I know a lot of you have probably read this years ago (I was so late to this party) but it is such a great fast paced read for summer! Highly recommend

[SIDE NOTE: I do not recommend the film adaptation....yikes]

message 5: by Caoimhe (new)

Caoimhe | 32 comments just some contemporary books. I recommend the selection, everything everything, The Hate you give.

message 6: by Angélica (new)

Angélica | 32 comments Save the date by Morgan Matson is a good book to start with, as some readers said above, the author is a great contemporary summer read.
The fill-in boyfriend by Kasie West is pretty good too, as any book of Susan Elizabeth Phillips (I especially recommend To kiss an angel), thought her stories are a little bit more... Steaming (if you know what I mean).
Sarah Dessen's books are amazing, but they treat more teen issues like a girl who is afraid of falling in love (This lullaby) and disfunctional families (What happened to goodbye).
If you want something more serious (I mean, that treat serious social/political issues) I recommend The hate U give (African-American issues), the exact opposite of okay (slut shaming/ genre issues) and 180 seconds by Jessica Park (cancer issues) .
Hope you find something that you like, and if you need more recs... Let's say that there are more books that I can talk you about. You can ask or visit my profile, there are all the books I just told you about and then some :)

message 7: by Millie (new)

Millie  | 13 comments If u haven’t already read the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan I would definitely give them a go. They’re not contemporary but are rlly light with humour and quirky characters