Our Shared Shelf discussion

Intersectional Feminism > Favorite Feminist Quotes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicajoh) Hello everyone. The books we read here are some of my favorites. And I am inspired to work on a project about feminism.

I was wondering if you all might help by sharing your favorite quote about feminism. I'm doing my own research and finding quotes I like but we all have different experiences and more likely than not all have different favorite quotes.

Thanks!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Edelman (beyourownbrandofsexy) Gloria Steinem defines a feminist as “anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”

message 3: by Ghada (new)

Ghada (unicornreader) "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m excited about the aging process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

on’t let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do or achieve. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

If you want to run for Prime Minister, you can. If you don’t, that’s wonderful, too. Shave your armpits, don’t shave them, wear flats one day, heels the next; We want to empower women to do exactly what they want.