Just One More Chapter discussion

Member's Corner > Tamo's Challenge Log

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tahmina (last edited Jul 02, 2018 10:55AM) (new)

Tahmina (tpopal) All Challenges in this group for 2018

All Completed Challenges 2018: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Tahmina (last edited Jun 10, 2019 11:21AM) (new)

Tahmina (tpopal) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

ROYALTY CHALLENGE
Starts : July 1, 2018
End : December 31, 2019

Here is your chance to find out where in the line of royals you stand.
For this challenge read as many books as you can that:

4. that is from the Royalty Genre
8. which has the letters R.O.Y.A.L.T.Y in the title

Books Read: 9/9
Imperial

1. The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2) by Veronica Roth The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth - 07.15.18 -- One character at the end is given the power of Monarch.

2. Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Red Rising by Pierce Brown - 07.05.18 -- They live in castles when they go to the institute and then try to take over other castles.

3. The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson - 04.15.19-- Uses word Queen

5. Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman - 08.08.18 -- Main Character's name is Anastasia. Which is the name of the youngest daughter of the last Czar of Russia.
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3) by Cassandra Clare Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan - 04.14.19 -- Character named Edmund. King of Great Britain.

6. Takes place in UK
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - 09.30.18
Lethal White (Cormoran Strike, #4) by Robert Galbraith Lethal White by Robert Galbraith - 10.06.18

7. Has Prince and Princess in the Title:
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - 04.07.19
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - 01.07.19

message 3: by Tahmina (last edited Jul 10, 2018 02:33PM) (new)

Start :1st July, 2018
End : 31st December, 2019

Exceptions:
You may allow yourself some exceptions. An example would be #11 in a series when you have only read books 1 & 2.

Books 0/15

1. Eight Tales of Terror by Edgar Allan Poe
2. Big Little Lies by Lane Moriarty
3. Midnight Express by Billy Hayes
4. Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis
5. Jim Hawkins and the Curse of Treasure Island by Frank Delaney
6. Whitney: The Life of America's Most Notorious Mob Boss by Gerard O'Neill
7. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices # 3) by Cassandra Clare -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
8. This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret #4) by Pseudonymous Bosch-- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
9. Big Red Tequila (Tres Navarre #1) by Rick Riordan
10. Sweet Thursday (Cannery Row #2) by John Steinbeck -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
11. The Fever Code (The Maze Runner 0.6) by James Dashner -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
12. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
13. The Vampire Companion by Katherine Ramsland -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
14. Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes
15. The Sage of Monticello (Jefferson and His Time #6) by Dumas Malone -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.

Alternates:
1. Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer
2. The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3) -- Might swap this out if I don't have time to read the other books.
3. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
4. Under the Dome by Stephen King
5. The Grapes of Wrath and Other Writings 1936–1941: The Long Valley / The Grapes of Wrath / The Log from the Sea of Cortez / The Harvest Gypsie by John Steinbeck
6. Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
7. The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict (The Mysterious Benedict Society 0.5) by Trenton Lee Stewart
8. Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #4) by Jeff Rovin
9. Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam / Bird Parliament by Omar Khayyám, Tamam Shud
10. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
11. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
12. The Adventure of the Final Problem (The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes #11) by Arthur Conan Doyle
13. Bronxwood (Tyrell #2) by Coe Booth
14. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
15. The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend by Bob Drury, Tom Clavin
16. One on One by Tabitha King

message 4: by Tahmina (last edited Jun 07, 2019 01:46PM) (new)

COLOR CHALLENGE
Starts : July 1st, 2018
Ends : December 31st, 2019

14/15

I'm In:

1. Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Red Rising by Pierce Brown - 07.05.18
2. The Question of the Missing Head (An Asperger’s Mystery, #1) by E.J. Copperman The Question of the Missing Head by E.J. Copperman - 10.15.18
3. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - 10.25.18
4. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - 12.19.18
5. Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman - 08.08.18
6. The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4) by Cassandra Clare The Midnight Heir by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan - 04.15.19
7. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass by Cassandra Clare - 12.08.18
8. The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2) by Veronica Roth The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth - 07.15.18
9. everyone behaves badly by Lesley M.M. Blume Everyone Behaves Badly by Lesley M.M. Blume - 11.13.18
10. The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson - 04.15.19
11. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - 12.26.18
12. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - 12.04.18
13. Lethal White (Cormoran Strike, #4) by Robert Galbraith Lethal White by Robert Galbraith - 10.06.18
14. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien - 10.08.18
15. Only one Color (Cover) Excluding Title

message 5: by Tahmina (new)

Ongoing Challenge

Start Date: 07.02.18

Song Names
1. Revolution (By diplo)
2. Heart by Heart (Demi Lovato)
3. All We Know (Chainsmokers)
4. I Did Something Bad (Taylor Swift)
5. On My Mind (Ellie Goulding)
6. Naturally (Selena Gomez)
7. Sorry not Sorry (Demi Lovato)
8. Roar (Katy Perry)
9. Dark Side (Kelly Clarkson)
10. Attention (Charlie Puth)

message 6: by Tahmina (last edited Jun 07, 2019 02:14PM) (new)

I'm In on this. I will do my whole Name though if thats ok:

Ongoing

Start Date: 07.02.18

T: Thunderhead Neal Shusterman 08.08.18
A: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian 11.27.18
H
M: Mansfield Park Jane Austen 10.25.18
I: Into the Water Paula Hawkins 10.07.18
N
A

P: Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen 09.30.18
O