Telugu Readers discussion

The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan
This topic is about The Man Who Knew Infinity
Buddy Reads and Challenges > BR- The man who knew infinity

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harish (last edited Jul 02, 2018 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Harish Challapalli (harishchallapalli) | 302 comments Mod
Hello guys, 3 people are ready for the buddy read.. lets fix a time for this book..

message 2: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 298 comments Mod
Anytime in this month is good for me.

Let’s hear from others

message 4: by Siva (new) - added it

Siva (samba_siva) | 108 comments Second weekend is good for me...

message 5: by Siva (new) - added it

Siva (samba_siva) | 108 comments Hello Guys, Is any one completed this book...

Not started yet.. very busy at work..

message 7: by Priya (new)

I haven't started, yet. I am waiting for you all to set a date. Meanwhile I am reading books from my tbr.

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡  TM (vamsikrishnatm) | 350 comments Mod
Hi, I can also join now ...Let me know when you guys are planning to start.

message 9: by Priya (new)

I am fine with any date.

message 10: by Priya (new)

I am planning to start reading after 16th.

I am planning to start it today or tomorrow.. anyone would like to join?

message 12: by Priya (new)

Ready to start reading.

ok lets start..

I have ordered the book, hopefully will start reading from today evening .

Hey, i have started reading. Before that had a small thought . Do i remember /know any of his theorems/equations . I can vaguely remember some of the fraction additions and patterns.

How about this one ?
1+2+3+4 ... = -1/12

message 16: by Priya (new)

I don't remember any of Ramanujan's theorems or equations except Ramanujan's ( Ramanujan- Hardy) number.

I remember another equation/principle proposed by Hardy, the Hardy-Weinberg equation. It has no relation to Ramanujan though.

I donot remember any of those :(

Taxi Number: 1729 . I read or watched this scene few years before. Damn, you are reading too fast buddy , . Cant catch up with you :D

Actually I am finding very less time to read this book.. by this time I should have completed the book..

Now I want to change the genre.. last two months, I read a handful bios.. I want to try some political/history.. can anyone recommend suitable books?

message 20: by Priya (new)

I can't read biographies for more than an hour per day. So, I will take atleast 2 weeks to complete this.

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ wrote: "Taxi Number: 1729 . I read or watched this scene few years before. Damn, you are reading too fast buddy , . Cant catch up with you :D"

Fasaak.. :))

Ha ha ha Fassak :D , becoming so popular. Now a days i am reading only 30 mins to 1 hour , before going to sleep.

@Samba, hope you got the book to start ? Let me know if you are looking for any kindle/pdf versions.

message 24: by Siva (new) - added it

Siva (samba_siva) | 108 comments @Vamsi, Thanks for asking. I have Kindle Version of this book.

Actually i planned to strt this book on 1st Aug but due date of IT Returns was extended and i stuck with work again. Now i am free and I am going to start reading from tomorrow.

u guys can join telegram and there the admin of groups will send various books regularly..

hows everyone doing with the book? i am done with 55%.. kind of slow.. so paused it there and started Pullela Gopi Chand: The World Beneath His Feat.. its racy..
so currently reading both bios.

Hey Harish, whats the Telegram group name ? Please.

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ wrote: "Hey Harish, whats the Telegram group name ? Please."

https://t.me/indianebooks

Harish wrote: "♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ wrote: "Hey Harish, whats the Telegram group name ? Please."

https://t.me/indianebooks"

https://t.me/Ebooks_Encyclopedia27
https://t.me/GoodReadsQuotes

The Letter to G.H.Hardy
Dear Sir,
I beg to introduce myself to you as a clerk in the Accounts Department of the Port Trust Office at Madras on a salary of only £20 per annum. I am now about 23 years of age. I have had no University education but I have undergone the ordinary school course. After leaving school I have been employing the spare time at my disposal to work at Mathematics. I have not trodden through the conventional regular course which is followed in a University course, but I am striking out a new path for myself. I have made a special investigation of divergent series in general and the results I get are termed by the local mathematicians as “startling.”
I would request you to go through the enclosed papers. Being poor, if you are convinced that there is anything of value I would like to have my theorems published. I have not given the actual investigations nor the expressions that I get but I have indicated the lines on which I proceed Being inexperienced I would very highly value any advice you give me. Requesting to be excused for the trouble I give you.
I remain,
Dear Sir,
Yours truly,
S. Ramanujan

Whats the most shocking details you realized from this book ?

sorry dudes..been so busy last month... did not read a single page.. and not so active in group.. thanks to vamsi and priya for making the group active..

pls bear with me for a couple of weeks more..

Finally somehow managed to finish the book.

Not the best bio ever but still it has its own style..I took a break of almost one month in the middle as i was not motivated to finish it faster.. I loved the Dev Patel movie but the book is definitely not the best..

Robert Kanigel tried to tell everything in detail , might be intended for American audience. Why i liked this book even though its lengthy,sometimes dragging is - everywhere we can see Ramanujan as a mathematician first time this book introduced Ramanujan to me as a person.

@Harish, i haven't see the movie yet will try to see this year.

It’s not about the length or in-depth narration.. there are books bigger than this viz., Steve jobs and etc but it lacks some thing in it which catches the readers’ undivided attention.. even though it’s about a charming personality, the book lacks that charm in it; for me...

i hope everyone is done with the book and so shifting the book into read shelf..