Gail Carriger Fan Group discussion

Competence (The Custard Protocol, #3)
This topic is about Competence
Coop de Book Group > July 2018: Competence by Gail Carriger

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skye (Skye's Scribblings) (last edited Jul 22, 2018 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Skye (Skye's Scribblings) | 241 comments Mod
Gail's July 2018 pick is her latest novel and 3rd in the Custard Protocol series, releasing the 17th, Competence!! For more information about the book, click the cover above.

While we eagerly await its release, let's discuss what you're looking forward to in this new Custard Protocol installment! What/who do you hope to see in Competence and why? What do you hope will (perhaps finally) happen? Are you excited about the POV change to the Tunstell twins? And which cover will you be acquiring? Share your thoughts!

The book has finally released, so let's discuss! Please note where in the book you are (either finished or the page/chapter you're on) at the start of your comment so if someone isn't that far yet they can avoid possible spoilers, thank you! And do tell: which version of the cover did you get??

Shelly (shllybkwrm) I didn't expect a POV change but I'm really excited! It's definitely going to make the new book feel fresh and it'll be cool to see Rue from other POVs, too.

Competence has finally released and most pre-orders should have arrived by now for a weekend binge, so let's discuss! Please note where in the book you are (either finished or the page/chapter you're on) at the start of your comment so if someone isn't that far yet they can avoid possible spoilers, thank you!

And do tell: which version of the cover did you get??

Finished! A playful and witty adventure from Prim & Percy's point of view that was a pure delight and my favorite of the series so far! The new vampire race was unnerving but fascinating, although my favorite bits were the Spotted Custard's general floating adventures exploring the natural and supernatural worlds. Given the squeal-worthy promises at the end, I cannot wait for Reticence!!

(P.S. Tash's possessiveness was adorable.)

Cover: I have the US version, although I adore the UK cover just as much so I may have to splurge for it as well... ;)

Nicqui | 125 comments I have the UK cover. I loved Tash throughout but like Prim, I found her very overwhelming. I liked all the Percy POVs more than the Prim ones. I'd read a whole series of Percy just observing and reacting to things. I would have loved more Rue+Que interactions though.