CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 27- And Our Winner Is...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 753 comments Mod
Congratulations to Ingrid! You are our 2018 Halfway Celebration winner!! I will be sending you an email through Goodreads shortly. Congratulations again.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Halfway Celebration! I always have so much fun doing the mini challenges. I hope you all enjoyed them, too. I did realize I forgot to give answers to the polls! Here they are:

* While Ray Bradbury is best known for his book Fahrenheit 451, he also wrote the screenplay adaptation to Moby Dick (1956).

* The original name of Pride and Prejudice was First Impressions

* The protagonist of C.S. Lewis' space trilogy is based off J.R.R. Tolkien.

*The Wild Things were going to be horses (until author Maurice Sendak realized he couldn't draw them).

July has started! Vote now for our Online Book Club book for August. And join us this month as we read Alexander McCall Smith's The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

What are your all's 4th of July plans? Are you going out of town? Staying in town? Seeing fireworks? Doing any reading? I lucked out since I work this coming weekend so I get a couple days off. I'm not planning on moving, except to grab the next book in my stack.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments We usually get together with friends, but they went on a cruise so it might be a quiet cookout for just us.
Reading is definitely on the agenda!