New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Monthly Group Reads > September Group Read Suggestions *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments What books do you want to be our group read for September. Remember we do two; a contemporary read and a non contemporary read. You can nominate one book for each category.

Books that are part of a series where the first book must have been read to understand the second cannot be included UNLESS the group has read the first as a group read. The book must also be available by the first of the month.

If the book you suggest isn't obviously NA in the synopsis please add why you consider it to be NA (characters, ages, etc.) If it seems to us to be YA or Adult it won't be included as a group read so it is really important to let us know your thoughts.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments I will start with All of You (Between Breaths, #1) by Christina Lee for contemporary and Dark Light (Dark Light, #1) by S.L. Jennings for non-contemporary.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Blackwood Can I suggest Upside Down by Lia Riley? I'm dying to talk about that one!

message 4: by Maree (new)

Maree | 5 comments A whole new crowd by Tijan

message 5: by Prexie (new)

Prexie Halabi (superprexy) Screwdriver by Alice Clayton

message 6: by J.J. (new)

J.J. DiBenedetto | 5 comments May I suggest my novel? It's set in 1989, so I think it qualifies for non-contemporary...

Dream Student (Dreams, #1) by J.J. DiBenedetto

message 7: by J.J. (new)

J.J. DiBenedetto | 5 comments And for contemporary, how about... Finding My Escape by Fran Veal

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments Prexie wrote: "Screwdriver by Alice Clayton"

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure if it counts as New Adult, but it is the second in a series, and we did not read Wallbanger as a group so we won't be able to include this in our vote. You can always open a discussion thread under book discussions or general discussions. I know it is on my TBR.

message 9: by Nasreen (new)

Nasreen | 28 comments Maree wrote: "A whole new crowd by Tijan"

I second this!!!

message 10: by Mary (last edited Aug 11, 2014 07:16PM) (new)

Mary (twinkiesmom1) | 36 comments Never Been Kissed by CM Kars for Contemporary.

This features a 25-year-old female lead with body image issues related to a history of verbal abuse who is starting her first romantic relationship....That's why I would classify it as NA.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred for Contemporary

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary (twinkiesmom1) | 36 comments Noncontemporary Read nomination:
Truce by R.L. Nathanson
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

This is a historic novel in the hilarious Neighbor from Hell series that can be read as a standalone.

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 1 comments Walk with Me (The Thin Blue Thread, #1) by Kaitlyn Stone Crazy for this NA book. Want to share with others. Heard it was based on a true story.

message 15: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (misspriscillareads) Nasreen wrote: "Maree wrote: "A whole new crowd by Tijan"

I second this!!!"

I'd also like to vote for this!

message 16: by Chelsi (new)

Chelsi Taylor (chelsidel) | 1 comments A Whole New Crowd!

message 17: by Shanelle (new)

Shanelle | 1 comments Me before you by Jojo moyes

message 18: by Elade (new)

Elade Mckenna | 1 comments Making Faces by Amy Harmon

message 19: by Candace (new)

Candace Bowser | 1 comments I would like to suggest the Mermaid's Pearl by Brooke Kennedy!

message 20: by Leesa (new)

Leesa Bow | 3 comments Adam's List by Jennifer Ann
and
Another New Life by Sydney Aaliyah

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to also second Mermaid's Pearl!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 22: by Briana (new)

Briana Dean | 1 comments Candace wrote: "I would like to suggest the Mermaid's Pearl by Brooke Kennedy!"

As would I

message 23: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) | 9 comments Natalie wrote: "Walk with Me (The Thin Blue Thread, #1) by Kaitlyn Stone Crazy for this NA book. Want to share with others. Heard it was based on a true story."

wow, that's a real overly wordy bookblurb.

message 24: by seton (new)

seton (lindaseton42) | 9 comments Beth wrote: "The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred for Contemporary"

is this NA?

message 25: by Beth (new)

Beth I think so. The book starts out with the girl age 8 and the boy age 10 so we watch their relationship grow through the teenage years. They go through a lot, then the book jumps ahead 15 years so we see them try to forgive each other for the pain they both went through. It was the most heart wrenching and beautifully written book I have read in a long time.

message 26: by Lori (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments Today is the last day to nominate, as I will set up the poll for our September reads tomorrow, August 24.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.