Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers discussion

Little Women
This topic is about Little Women
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Monthly Book Reads > Little Women: Before Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 1797 comments Mod
May's Book of the Month is Little Women by Louisa May Alocott. Even if you aren't reading with us this month, please share your thoughts on the book below! Here are some questions to get you started:

-Have you read this book before? What did you think?
-Are you reading it this month with us?
-What have you heard about this book?

message 2: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

I should be able to read this book late July. I'm sure we own or it or the library has it.

Erin | 37 comments I've read this book before and it's my favorite classic, although I haven't read too many classics. This book had been very relatable for me because growing up I had three sisters alongside me and it was fun reading about another group of sisters, and seeing their different personalities. Of course, being me, I tried to match my sisters and me into a specific character and for the first time, I found myself constantly changing my mind about who was who. Their personalities we're so unique that I could see a little bit of all of us in them. When I first read this book, my sisters had still been around, but now they're not so much. One became an adult and moved on, another went to live with another side of her family, and then my younger sister still lives with me. I have other older sisters too, but they were never as close as the four of us. Still, the book makes me feel so nostalgic about my family in general. I've been wanting to reread it for awhile, so I think I'm going to try to do it this month.

message 4: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin (Hiatus~) wrote: "I've read this book before and it's my favorite classic, although I haven't read too many classics. This book had been very relatable for me because growing up I had three sisters alongside me and ..."

I'm excited to read it, and excited to have you read it with me!

message 5: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 4 stars

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
I distinctly remember reading this book as a freshman in high school...I used to walk around the gym in circles on free day while reading. Freaked the instructor out a little. XD What was worse was when I'd ask him about a word I didn't know. I also read the Alex Rider books while walking laps. (I remember that cause he got super excited when he finally knew a word!) I also distinctly remember a very specific moment--which shall remain nameless until y'all read it--in the book I read on the bus (cause I totally flipped out XD).

message 6: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finally reading the book!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Women (other topics)