Challenge Corner discussion

The Girl on the Train
This topic is about The Girl on the Train
Let's Buddy! - Horror/Thriller > The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins -> Starting July 10th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63659 comments Mod
Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning. She knows it will wait at the same signal each time, overlooking a row of back gardens. She's even started to feel like she knows the people who live in one of the houses. 'Jess and Jason', she calls them. Their life - as she sees it - is perfect. If only Rachel could be that happy. And then she sees something shocking. It's only a minute until the train moves on, but it's enough. Now everything's changed. Now Rachel has a chance to become a part of the lives she's only watched from afar. Now they'll see; she's much more than just the girl on the train...

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments yes! can't wait to read this one :)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments i just wanted the movie a few weeks ago and everyone says the book is better so i've been meaning to read it just hadn't gotten to it yet. the movie was really good

Caroline | 2101 comments 15%
(view spoiler)

Caroline | 2101 comments 30%
(view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments 25% in (view spoiler)

50% in (view spoiler)

75% in (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

Caroline | 2101 comments 51%
(view spoiler)

Caroline | 2101 comments Oh, also (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Caroline wrote: "51%

Well, now we know where Megan was, although not what happened to her! Before that, though, it felt like we haven't learned much in a while. The book kind of feels like it is dragging on. Also ..."

I know. I feel like they wanted to portray Rachel as a character you don't really want to like but at the same time you can't help but like her.

Caroline | 2101 comments Yeah, exactly! Like, I feel really bad for her for all that's happened to her, and I can kind of understand why she's acting that way. But also she makes such dumb decisions!

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Caroline wrote: "Yeah, exactly! Like, I feel really bad for her for all that's happened to her, and I can kind of understand why she's acting that way. But also she makes such dumb decisions!"

Just keep reading :) It gets better :)

Caroline | 2101 comments 76%
(view spoiler)

Caroline | 2101 comments Finished!
(view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments 25% (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments 50% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Ashy Khaira (last edited Jul 15, 2018 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments 75% (view spoiler)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments Finished (view spoiler)