You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Book Resources & Recommendations > Recommendations for someone (me) who loved books such as A Painted House, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Son etc

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Annaki~ (last edited Jul 02, 2018 11:46AM) (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Hi :)

I love books that have a rural, small town/community/family/tight knit-survival-working the land-hitching the horses-canning beans and harvesting pumpkins- kind of feel to them. I loved books such as A Painted House, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Help, The Son, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, The House of the Spirits, The Color Purple, and when I was younger I loved the Laura Ingalls Wilder books as well as The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set and My Friend Flicka.

So if anyone has suggestions as to what I might enjoy, please let me know :)

Thank you :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Welcome to YLTO Annaki. I know some members have read those books so I'm sure you'll get some recommendations.

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1650 comments Hi I lovedCold Sassy Tree It fits that nitch

message 4: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Sarah wrote: "Welcome to YLTO Annaki. I know some members have read those books so I'm sure you'll get some recommendations."

Thank you very much :)

message 5: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Renee wrote: "Hi I lovedCold Sassy Tree It fits that nitch"

Uh, yes, that one sounds promising- thank you!

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51936 comments Welcome to YLTO, Annaki.

A couple of books that come to mind are:
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Boy's Life

message 7: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Janice wrote: "Welcome to YLTO, Annaki.

A couple of books that come to mind are:
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Boy's Life"

Thank you!

message 8: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9807 comments Can't link now, since I am using the app, but I think you might enjoy THE KITCHEN HOUSE, and its sequel.

message 10: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9807 comments Thank you, Janice. :)

message 11: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Thank you :)

message 12: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15593 comments Those are the types of books I love too! Some great suggestions were already given. I have a shelf called 'southern fiction' which may have some more books you'd like: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Peggy wrote: "Those are the types of books I love too! Some great suggestions were already given. I have a shelf called 'southern fiction' which may have some more books you'd like: https://www.goodreads.com/rev..."

Thank you!

message 14: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I can recommend Peggy's page of books, Annaki. I have read about half of them. ;0)

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Mudbound could be an option too.

message 16: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Thank you all :)

message 17: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments The Green Years is a good one (from year 1944, if someone needs books fur teh monthly challenge)
How Green Was My Valley is another

message 18: by ~Annaki~ (new)

~Annaki~ (annaki) | 83 comments Thank you :)