UAE Good Readers discussion

UAE Good Readers Meetup!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zuhaib (new)

Zuhaib Hassan | 24 comments Hi All,

I have an idea. I hope most of you will like! Why not schedule a meeting for UAE Good readers members somewhere in Dubai. So, we can share our knowledge, Experience.
Positive thoughts and initiative will be appreciated.

Regards,
Zuhaib Hassan
UAE Good Readers Member

message 2: by Maynerd (new)

Maynerd  (maynerd) | 7 comments Hello, Zuhaib. That's a nice idea. Fortunately, there exists a meet up club for bookworms in the UAE. You can find it on www.meetup.com.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments Id be up for this, im not on meetup but if the details were put on here i would attend, 100% :)

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanielibrarian) | 13 comments Yes, I'm up for chatting with readers... A lot of hours spent reading this summer, it would be nice to chat with the rest of you! Melanie

message 5: by Zuhaib (new)

Zuhaib Hassan | 24 comments @Michelle and Melanie.. I am here in dubai lets select venue and we will meet and share some new ideas and experiences and if possible books as well.

I am still waiting for other members if they can join us.

message 6: by Shruthi (new)

Shruthi Vijayan | 1 comments Wouldn't it be better if we could choose a book - read it and then meetup to discuss it ? There is an Abu Dhabi Book Club that already does this, though. - Just thought it would fit for a goodreads meeting :)

message 7: by Zuhaib (new)

Zuhaib Hassan | 24 comments I second you @Shruthi.. lets wait for the response and we will select a book after that.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments @Zuhaib - sounds perfect to me, im away a fair bit in August, as i guess most people are as its holiday season, so perhaps we can sort something for September time?

message 9: by Zuhaib (new)

Zuhaib Hassan | 24 comments Michelle wrote: "@Zuhaib - sounds perfect to me, im away a fair bit in August, as i guess most people are as its holiday season, so perhaps we can sort something for September time?"
Done from my side

message 10: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 44 comments My book group is meeting to discuss The Home by Karen Osman this Tuesday. If you can grab a copy you'd be welcome to join us at 8pm Sunset Mall.
The author will join us at 8.45 :)
MaryAnne

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanielibrarian) | 13 comments Hey Zuhaib! Let's meet up on Saturday for a chat about our reading? I think a couple other folks would want to meet and greet and talk books eh?
Let's go for Saturday at 5p.m. at Starbucks on the Ground level of Dubai Mall? Hope that is suitable, easy to find. Let's sit outside, near the fountain area?
Any others are welcome to join!
Melanie
Zuhaib wrote: "Hi All,

I have an idea. I hope most of you will like! Why not schedule a meeting for UAE Good readers members somewhere in Dubai. So, we can share our knowledge, Experience.
Positive thoughts and..."

message 12: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanielibrarian) | 13 comments Dear Michelle,
Would you like to get together on Saturday for a book chat? Does 5p.m. at the Starbucks on the ground floor of Dubai Mall suit you?
Hope so, I'd love to meet you. Best wishes!
Sincerely,
Melanie
Michelle wrote: "@Zuhaib - sounds perfect to me, im away a fair bit in August, as i guess most people are as its holiday season, so perhaps we can sort something for September time?"

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanielibrarian) | 13 comments We decided to meet at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday December 15.
Location Starbucks on the Ground floor of Dubai Mall, sitting outside near the fountain area.
Contact me directly or reply a message on this thread if you are planning to join us.
Just talking books, sharing our Good Reads : ) Hope to see you all there.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments See you Saturday Melanie! Have a good week

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanielibrarian) | 13 comments Michelle wrote: "See you Saturday Melanie! Have a good week"
you too!!!

message 16: by leila (new)

leila (el_leila) can this be done online here too? like maybe pick a book every month and discuss/review it? i live in abu dhabi :/

message 17: by Zuhaib (new)

Zuhaib Hassan | 24 comments Well I guess we can arrange one in Abu Dhabi too but this is the first meetup let’s hope everything will be fine then accordingly we will try to do one in Abu Dhabi.

message 18: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Rashwan | 27 comments See you all soon guys! :D

message 19: by Sauod (new)

Sauod Almutawa | 3 comments Hey guys,
How about a meetup in Dubai, somewhere between the end of Feb to mid of March?
I’m a heavy reader on my field’s literature, if we’re discussing fiction and such, please throw me a reference or two to chew on till then xD

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments Sauod wrote: "Hey guys,
How about a meetup in Dubai, somewhere between the end of Feb to mid of March?
I’m a heavy reader on my field’s literature, if we’re discussing fiction and such, please throw me a refer..."

https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

Some of us are meeting on the 23rd of February if your around :) Its open to everyone - Link above.

message 21: by Chafic (new)

Chafic (Rello) (irrell) | 3 comments If you guys are looking for a good place to have this meetup - there's a large courtyard inside of the Gold & Diamond Park in front of FAB Metro Station.

Has some seating for the cafe there, lots of shade and it's also right in front of The Old Library. (Yes, there's a full-blown library in Dubai - https://www.theoldlibrary.ae/ )

Full Disclosure - I'm actually one of the many volunteer librarians at the library, do come by and say hi ^_^

Lots of bookish people around and it's a great atmosphere to just talk all things books-related!

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments Sauod, just to let you know the event for the 23rd got cancelled, we are now meeting on the 21st - link below :)

https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

message 23: by Shatha (new)

Shatha M | 2 comments I've missed this meetup, is there any plan to hold another one?

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesibs) | 21 comments Shatha wrote: "I've missed this meetup, is there any plan to hold another one?"

Hey Shatha!, there is a few of us going to meet up in the evening of May 23rd, we are not sure of the location yet but it will be a Suhoor Tent starting around 9pm, i can keep you posted on the details here if your interested :) There's no book to read, we just talk books, for hours actually!