Top to BOTM Book Club discussion

7 views
Summer Reading > Bear, Otter, and the Kid by TJ Klune

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 8 comments Mod
I’ve been meaning to read this one for a while now, and so far it’s simultaneously adorable as hell and tragic. I’m definitely enjoying it so far.


message 2: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie (am_fasano) | 21 comments Jessica wrote: "I’ve been meaning to read this one for a while now, and so far it’s simultaneously adorable as hell and tragic. I’m definitely enjoying it so far."

This is one of my all time favorite series and one of the first M/M books I read. And since I am certain you will want to continue the series, it is an introduction to the At First Sight series since there is a crossover in book 3 of BOatK with the characters in At First Sight :) Also you are lucky because the 3 year wait for the conclusion to BOatK was so long but so worth it!!!!


message 3: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie (am_fasano) | 21 comments And as far as Olive Juice goes, prepare yourself for an ugly cry. There is no violence, cheating or anything that I would consider a trigger on page, something major happened that caused the relationship to end and several years later they meet for dinner. Lots of past & present scenes, he gradually explains what happened and unfortunately it is something that is entirely too common in the world today. The story is so well-written, he handles heartbreaking circumstances in a realistic way, why their relationship deteriorates is completely believable and so sad, it brought all the feels for me. Highly recommend it.


message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 8 comments Mod
I’m about half way through BOatK, and I adore it. The characters are great and Bear’s internal dialogue is amusingly real. Though I feel like I know where at least this installment is going, I’m excited to see how they get there (or don’t.)

I’ve just gone through the first few pages of Olive Juice—Though I should probably start a separate thread for that one. :p


message 5: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie (am_fasano) | 21 comments Jessica wrote: "I’m about half way through BOatK, and I adore it. The characters are great and Bear’s internal dialogue is amusingly real. Though I feel like I know where at least this installment is going, I’m ex..."

Or just a TJ thread because he is that awesome!!!! I mean, with Ravensong right around the corner, that'll be more chat :)


message 6: by Markie (new)

Markie (vegoego) | 80 comments Mod
AnnMarie wrote: "Jessica wrote: "I’m about half way through BOatK, and I adore it. The characters are great and Bear’s internal dialogue is amusingly real. Though I feel like I know where at least this installment ..."

Yeaaaah. We might have some plans for that upcoming book... >_>


message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 8 comments Mod
Done and done!

Not at my computer so I can’t tag spoilers so I will come back for that. LOVED both books. Warm and fuzzy from one and tragically heart broken from the other. Seems about right from Klune. More soon!


back to top