What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Calen's Captive (A Singular Obsession, #2)
This topic is about Calen's Captive
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance, contemporary, heroine witnesses murder by Russians, hero has seen her earlier in his club and was on the lookout for her. He rescues her and persuades her to marry him. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neha (last edited Jul 02, 2018 05:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha Sharma (goodreadscomnehavmsharma) I read a romance in 2017, where the heroine witnesses a murder by russians and the hero has seen her earlier in his club and was on the lookout for her. He rescues her and persuades her to marry him. She reluctantly agrees because the russian mafia is behind her and the hero can provide safety.

hero owns a club, his dad has mafia connections.

the heroine is a researcher in butterflies and moths. She looks like a wood nymph and thats the matcho hero's fantasy type. She is a virgin and he is the only one. The hero is from irish roots.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Calen's Captive by Lucy Leroux?
Part of the book description:
Calen is the son of an Irish mobster, but he’s rejected his legacy and has made a name for himself as a club owner. After years of hard work, he has the life he’s always wanted. Almost.
Reader's comment:
Maia is a student at Harvard studying insects like butterflies and moths. The part that really made me smile was the fact that Calen had this thing for fairies and even though all the women he had sex with and was photographed with were all leggy, big-bosomed models Maia resembles a little fairy or elf because she is so small. I really like the explanation that Calen's father gives her...I did the 'aha' moment then. Because before then I scratched my head wondering how in the heck did an alpha male have an obsession for fairies.

Neha Sharma (goodreadscomnehavmsharma) thanks a ton. Thats the one !