David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Renegade
Author Q&A > J A Souders (author of Renegade) Q&A Event--Aug 4-7th

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Aug 13, 2014 07:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
From Aug 4-7th, bestselling author J.A. Souders(Author of Renegade) will be coming to our group to answer questions about her book, her life as an author, and about anything else you all can come up with!! So get ready for the fun and start thinking of some questions to ask her!

Jessica is being super generous and has donated some prizes for a giveaway!

A signed copy of Renegade (US only)
5 winners will win a signed bookmark (International)

To be entered to win, all you have to do is to ask the author a question! Please look through the questions already asked before asking yours so we don't have a lot of repeats :)

And if you haven't checked out her books yet, I definitely recommend them! Wonderful cross genres reads--dystopian, fantasy, action/adventure!

Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1) by J.A. Souders Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2) by J.A. Souders

Questions:

1. Natalie--How do you decide what you want your characters names to be?

2. Natalie--If you were a boy, what would you want your name to be?

3. Xandra--What was your inspiration for the concept of the book?

4. Lauren--What was your favorite country to wave "hi" to and which would you want to visit first?

5. Kelly--Your covers are beautiful! Where do you get our inspiration for them?

6. David--What's the strangest place you've worked on one of your books? Or have you pretty much written them at home?

7. Jenny-- "My life is just about perfect." My question--Does that line still give you chills? Where did you come up with that, its brilliant!

8. Tawney--What's your writing process? Do you outline? Or does your character take over? Do you give yourself word limits each day or do you just write?

9. Kristen--Who is your biggest inspiration? (writing or otherwise)

10. Daniel--What aspect of the book are you most proud about?

11. Daniel--What do you think sets your book apart from other dystopian/fantasy reads?

12. Daniel--If you could cast your characters in a movie, who would you cast?

13. Karen--What surrounds you when you write, I.e., coffee, pet/s, troll doll on your desk, etc.?

14. David--Are you an online junkie? How much time do you usually spend online each day? What sites (social networking or other) do you spend the most time on?

15. Danielle--When you first came up with the idea of this book...did you know that it was going to dip into horror?

16. Kim--what made you become a writer and what are your fave books

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Can't wait, this is going to be AWESOME!!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Ohhh this book looks so good. I really wanna hit up an underwater hotel.

How do you decide what you want your characters names to be?

and as always I have to ask:
If you were a boy, what would you want your name to be?

message 4: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) What was your inspiration for the concept of the book?

message 5: by Karen’s Library (last edited Aug 03, 2014 03:54PM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Hi J A and welcome to the group! *waves madly* I had the honor of meeting you in Nashville at UtopYA along with Jenny and Jen!!!

message 6: by Lauren (last edited Aug 03, 2014 09:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lauren Stoolfire | 2047 comments Hi Jessica! Thanks for coming to visit our group and answer some of our questions!

Renegade sounds very cool! I'll have to put it on my to-read list. :)

I was reading on your website that you were in the Navy.
What was your favorite country to wave "hi" to and which would you want to visit first?

Thanks again!

message 7: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly McClintock | 8 comments Hi Jessica!
Your covers are beautiful! Where do you get our inspiration for them? Thank you for time!

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!
What's the strangest place you've worked on one of your books? Or have you pretty much written them at home?

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments This book looks really cool!
Adding it to my shelf!
I'll come up with some questions later!

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hi, Jessica, thanks so much for coming by our group!

"My life is just about perfect." My question--Does that line still give you chills? Where did you come up with that, its brilliant!

message 11: by Tawney (new) - added it

Tawney  | 2 comments Hi Jessica! Big fan!

What's your writing process? Do you outline? Or does your character take over? Do you give yourself word limits each day or do you just write?

Gosh I better stop. I have so many questions.

Thank you!!!

Tawney

message 12: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments No question, I just wanted to say your book sounds very interesting and thanks for doing this Q&A :)

message 13: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Taber | 78 comments Who is your biggest inspiration? (writing or otherwise)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Here are my questions.
What aspect of the book are you most proud about?
What do you think sets your book apart from other dystopian/fantasy reads?
If you could cast your characters in a movie, who would you cast?
Sorry if that's a lot. I hope to get my hands on this book soon!

message 15: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) Thank you so much for answering my question. And thank you for the compliment on my name :) I may have other questions but at the moment I'd have to think about it

message 16: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.A. wrote: "Hi Karen! *waves* I'm so glad to have met you and the others in Nashville! You ladies made my entire weekend! :)"

Squee!!!!

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.A. wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Hi, Jessica, thanks so much for coming by our group!

"My life is just about perfect." My question--Does that line still give you chills? Where did you come up with that, its brilli..."

It still gives me chills. Very brilliant line! When you guys read the book, you'll understand :)

What surrounds you when you write, I.e., coffee, pet/s, troll doll on your desk, etc.?

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

AWESOME answers so far, really enjoying this Q&A and getting to know you! And wow, writing in BOTH a creepy house and haunted hotel is intense! I don't know if I could do it LOL!!!

Are you an online junkie? How much time do you usually spend online each day? What sites (social networking or other) do you spend the most time on?

message 20: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Taber | 78 comments J.A. wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Who is your biggest inspiration? (writing or otherwise)"

I have a lot of writers that are my inspiration. I think authors are always changing. When I first started writing, Nora Ro..."

Oh so true! I love her :).

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Great answers, thanks so much!

Danielle Vello Dani's question. When you first came up with the idea of this book...did you know that it was going to dip into horror? It caught me off guard...though now that I've seen that BioShock was part of the influence I shouldn't be surprised. Honestly? I thought it was going to be fluffy romance! Boy was I surprised!
Thank you for answering our questions! :)

message 23: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

J.A. wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Who is your biggest inspiration? (writing or otherwise)"

I have a lot of writers that are my inspiration. I think authors are always changing. When I first started writing, Nora Ro..."

Oh my gosh, Dean Koontz is my writing inspiration too!! He's AMAZING!

message 24: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments hi J.A how are you tonight my ? is(that is if i can still ask one) what made you become a writer and what are your fave books

message 25: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Of course you can still ask Kim! :)

Great answers, J.A.!!! Loving this Q&A!

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

This Q&A has been fantastic!!! Do we have winners yet Jenny? Can't wait to hear who won!!

Thanks so much, Jessica, you are more than just an awesome writer: an awesome person too!

Danielle Vello I also love Sophie Jordan!

message 29: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (donanicole) | 897 comments I haven't read your book but it sounds like I would like it very much. I guess my question is how do you write? Do you have a daily schedule? If you have kids and a partner how do you do this? Your own writing room?

message 30: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments thanks for answering i know your probably very busy i love the hunger games too

message 31: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

David wrote: "This Q&A has been fantastic!!! Do we have winners yet Jenny? Can't wait to hear who won!!

Thanks so much, Jessica, you are more than just an awesome writer: an awesome person too!"

Sorry, sorry, I'm behind behind behind this week!!

Okay, Congratulations goes to...DRUMROLL...

Lauren! You have won the signed book!

Also congrats to:

Donna, Natalie, Danielle, Kristen, and Kim! You've all won signed bookmarks!

I will be contacting you all soon, check your inboxes :)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Congrats to all the winners!

WOOT WOOT Lauren!! How exciting!!

And yay to the others for the signed bookmarks. I have one and I love it! :)

message 34: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

These bookmarks are BEAUTIFUL, guys, you will love them!! The book is too ;)

Jenny wrote: "These bookmarks are BEAUTIFUL, guys, you will love them!! The book is too ;)"

Yes, absolutely beautiful book too!

message 36: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments thanks i love swag

message 37: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments Daniel wrote: "Congrats to all the winners!" thanks Daniel

message 38: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) Congratulations to the winners!

message 39: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments Congrats winners! :)

message 40: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments Xandra ~ I need this… this flight on broken wings wrote: "Congratulations to the winners!" thanks Xandra

message 41: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments Harlee wrote: "Congrats winners! :)" thanks Harlee Davidson lol

Lauren Stoolfire | 2047 comments Congrats everyone!

I've been so lucky, haven't I?! :D

message 43: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) Congrats, Lauren!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) THANK YOUUUUUU BUNCHES!!!!!!!!

message 45: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Yay!! Congrats winners!

message 46: by Kim (new)

Kim Hall (Babygirl_2424) | 16 comments David wrote: "Yay!! Congrats winners!" thanks David

message 47: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Taber | 78 comments thank you for hosting such a great event, and thanks for the bookmark :).
congrats to the other winners!

message 48: by Mia (new)

Mia Fox (miafox) | 11 comments Well done!

message 49: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen wrote: "thank you for hosting such a great event, and thanks for the bookmark :).
congrats to the other winners!"

You're welcome :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Renegade (other topics)
Revelations (other topics)