We're the Kids of America discussion

Hot Topics > freepers, birthers, morons

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments Freepers, Birthers, Morons of all stripe, You didn't get mad...

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you saw the Abu Grahib photos.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city drown.

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when.. when... wait for it... when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all ok with you but helping other Americans... well fuck that. That about right? You know it is.

You people have all lost your fucking minds. You are selfish, greedy, obnoxious, narcissistic, and frankly... stupid. Your pathetic little misspelled protest signs are embarrassing. Maybe you ought to find the smart person in your midst and let them make up all the signs, cause man, you look like a bunch of idiots. Also you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/...

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments is it just me or does this make you mad?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

This link is a totally inaccurate inturrupetation of any American except a very warped individual and it would take some mind to assume that this is how most of us are.

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments What do you mean by that? Someone who has a brain can't possibly be American?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, with commas and additions:

This link is a totally inaccurate inturpetation of any American, except perhaps that of a very warped individual, and it would take some mind to assume that this is how most of us are.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments What the hell are you talking about? It is true isn't it!

message 7: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
But they follow those who do believe that. It's just as bad.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really. I haven't met anyone who wasn't upset about the Patriot Act, the three trillion dollar deficit, not catching Bin Laden, or most of the said things. Admittedly I haven't met anyone who was mad about Katrina and New Orleans but that is because there was no one to get mad at; it was a natural disaster.

Further we are not mad about U.H. because it "gives Americans the right to see a doctor". Americans already have that right, albeit they have to work for money to pay for it. Oddly enough I thought that was the American dream, to work to provide for you and your family - not to have the government take care of you. We are mad about U.H. because there is too much risk of, years down the line, everyone loosing their health care, and not just the fifty million that don't have it now. We are mad because the waiting that will too likely ensue. We are mad because the government will decide what health care we can receive.

I can't know if all of this will certianly happen, but the threat is way too big to take and the lawyers who wrote the bill are hiding behind a thousand pages of uninterrpetable words which should be enough to make anyone uneasy. But we have reason to be frustrated with this bill because we are uneasy that it will make a bad problem worse.

message 9: by Davis (last edited Aug 17, 2009 06:07AM) (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments But you voted for Bush, twice.

So, in other words, fuck you.

message 10: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
Ew.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I happen to agree with Bush in the war in Iraq. We invaded because we believed, at the time of invasion, that they had weapon trading with Al Queda. Then we were there and realized that they weren't but there was this ruthless dictator making Iraqi's lives hell and we decided to take him down. From what I've seen Bush was right about 60-70% of the time - not as high as I would like but much higher than I've heard assumptions of how Kerry would have done. And better than Obama is doing.

message 12: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Kerry wouldn't have done anything...because he wasn't an oil hungry, idiot cowboy.

message 13: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments The point is people weren't bombarding town meetings because of the above, but they are for healthcare. AAANNNDDD! This isn't even about uh this is about public option. idiots...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't get it. We are mad about U.H. so ... what are you saying we are mad about? Public options? We don't already have that? I had to assume you were talking about U.H. because everything else didn't make sense when I ran it through my head (I reached U.H. last).