Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading July 2?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2121 comments Mod
Happy July, y'all. Summer is movin' full speed ahead. I'm finishing up Leaning Into Forever by Lane Hayes then startin' on Courting Sin by Mercy Celeste.

message 2: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I'm finishing up Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews Its very good if you like urban fantasy!
then I am about 42% through Do Not Respond by an aussie author that i am really enjoying.
And I picked up Scoring off the Field on an ebook deal which has been recommended Sarah MacLean on Twitter.

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm glad you're enjoying Do Not Respond, Leigh-Ayn.

I'm currently reading Inconvenient Wife by Natasha Boyd, which I'm enjoying.

Next up will be an ARC of The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen which is a YA, which I don't normally go for but Sarina Bowen is one of my favourite authors, so I'm willing to give it a go.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments My TBR hoard called me, so I'm reading The Trouble with Dukes. This one is significantly funnier than others in the series.

message 5: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Kind of floundering this week. Was thinking about starting the The Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis. Any thoughts on that. She's hit or miss for me but I'm itching for a good series.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber | 161 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Kind of floundering this week. Was thinking about starting the The Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis. Any thoughts on that. She's hit or miss for me but I'm itching for a good series."

I did read Jill Shalvis Heartbreaker bay 2.5 - One Snowy Night and enjoyed it.
Have you read anything by Karen Hawkins. I recently discovered her ( Caught by the Scot (Made to Marry, #1) by Karen Hawkins ) and I know she has several series.

message 7: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments @Irisheyes -Jill Shalvis has a formula for sure, but I find the humor is always fresh. I'm up to date on the Heartbreaker Bay series and I'm enjoying it.

I'm diving into Ocean Light (hee hee I crack myself up) in hardback and trying a new author with One and Only in ebook format.

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I am waaaaay bias seeing as I'm on Jill Shalvis' review team but I will agree she has a formula and that works for me. I know that I'm going to get a light-hearted, fun read with a little sexy time and me ending it with a big goofy smile.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments Susan wrote: "My TBR hoard called me, so I'm reading The Trouble with Dukes. This one is significantly funnier than others in the series."

Ooooh, good news! This book is $2.99 on sale as a e-book this week.

message 10: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Thanks for the input ladies! I've put the first Heartbreaker Bay book on order at the library and checked out Lost and Found Sisters, the first in her Wildstone series.

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Thanks for the input ladies! I've put the first Heartbreaker Bay book on order at the library and checked out Lost and Found Sisters, the first in her Wildstone series."

I really enjoyed Lost and Found Sisters. :-)

message 12: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Thanks for the input ladies! I've put the first Heartbreaker Bay book on order at the library and checked out Lost and Found Sisters, the first in her Wildstone se..."

I'm loving it, Stacey! Good idea to abandon what I was reading and switch gears. It's just what I was looking for.

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Thanks for the input ladies! I've put the first Heartbreaker Bay book on order at the library and checked out Lost and Found Sisters, the f..."

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :-)