What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > middle grade thriller about two girls that travel through a mirror except one of them is evil

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by gail ♛ (new)

gail ♛ (abbysreadingcorner) I remember reading a book around 2007-2009 about a girl who finds a mirror and her reflection talks back to her and the girls are able to switch places through the mirror. It may have been published in the 90's or early 2000's and I've been wanting to reread it. I believe the cover had the girls on it and I think (if my memory is correct) the girl in the mirror is holding an ax. The girl found in the mirror I believe was from the past.

message 4: by gail ♛ (new)

gail ♛ (abbysreadingcorner) Abby wrote: "I remember reading a book around 2007-2009 about a girl who finds a mirror and her reflection talks back to her and the girls are able to switch places through the mirror. It may have been publishe..."
It may have been Mirror of Danger. I guess I won't really know until I read it. Thanks for your help.

message 5: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 114 comments There is no ax in Mirror of Danger and Lucy travels back to Victorian England. They don't switch places.

message 7: by Carlene (new)

Carlene (carlenemarie) | 21 comments Really sounds a lot like Mirror of Danger. There wasn’t an axe, I believe the girl in the mirror was holding a doll.

Side note, in case you’re interested: There’s also a book called The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser, where a young lady meets the eyes of her comatose grandmother in an antique mirror and they switch places. Shay goes back in time into the body of her grandmother at the same young age she is, and the grandmother does the same, but goes forward in time. Neither are evil, however.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Were any of the books mentioned the right one, Abby?

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 311 comments I messaged the OP...

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still out there, Abby?