Hooked on Books discussion

Archive > INDIVIDUAL Bingo: July-Dec 2018

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brave (last edited Aug 19, 2018 10:16AM) (new)

Brave (bravereads) Hello, everyone! Welcome to our first round of INDIVIDUAL BINGO! (For our GROUP bingo, click here.)

Our bingo challenge will run from July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. (Note: Depending on how quickly people finish the bingo card, we may do them more frequently, but I figured a six-month window was a safe time frame to try this out for now!)

The object is to get as many bingos as you can in these six months, by reading books that correspond to the challenges in the card below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Once you have five in a row, you can declare BINGO! Only one challenge per book, please. Books started on or after July 1, 2018 will count toward this challenge.

This is a fairly laid-back challenge, so if YOU think a book fits in a category with the clarifications considered, so do I! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will answer as I am able.

If you’d like to play along, create a post below to track your progress! (Template below, if you’d like one, or make your own! You can also include as much or as little information about your books as you want. I’ve provided an example as well as a template. There is also a post directly below this one of clarifications of the challenges, if you want to have a look.)

http://picasion.com/gl/9HQv/

Alexandra
Amanda
Beatrice
Catherine
Dani
Eileen
Ellen
Fail
Janessa
Janne
Jess
Jonidyan
June
Karo
Katherine
Kathy
Kristen
Kristina
Lemonitsa
Maria
Marisela
Matilde
Nicole
Pamela
Susan
Yildredth
Zahraa

message 2: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Here are some clarifications for these challenges, going from left-to-right across the card:

A book with a one word title: Pretty self-explanatory, but yes, articles count. (For example, The Girls for this challenge would be a two-word title.)

A collection of poetry: This was the wording I chose, but really, any book of poetry, collected or not, would count toward this. Whether it be Milk and Honey or Bright Star: The Complete Poems & Selected Letters of John Keats, if it’s poetry, it counts.

A book over 500 pages: Again, self-explanatory. You can read this big book however you want, whether it be in a physical format, ebook, or audiobook. The Goodreads page for the book will help if you’re unsure of how long your book is.

A book with a mostly green cover: You can post a picture of your cover if you want to, as proof, but I won’t fight you on it. As long as the cover is 50% or more green, it works!

A book with a vehicle on the cover: If you can ride in it or on it and get somewhere, it’s a vehicle in my book. Skateboard? Great. Bike? Perfect. Boat? Lovely. Cars, planes, trains, unicycles, hot air balloons, roller skates...I’d count it all, if I were you.

A classic: Children’s classic (Winnie-the-Pooh) or adult classic (Moby-Dick or, The Whale), short classic (Frankenstein) or long classic (War and Peace), modern classic (East of Eden) or ancient classic (The Odyssey), any or all will work!

A book that has a name in the title: For example, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle or Ethan Frome or A Man Called Ove. Proper names only, not a generic or broad name such as The Winter People or A Little Princess. However, just a first name or surname will do.

A YA book: A book written for teenagers, or whatever you consider “young adults.” There are many popular ones, and some are even group reads! Cinder, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Stargirl to name a few, but I would personally also count certain classics like Little Women or The Catcher in the Rye as YA for my purposes, so feel free to count them for yours, too.

A book in translation: Any book originally written in a language other than your first language, translated into whatever language you read in (and presumably speak). You can use whatever books you want, but some better-known books that are translated from other languages into English are My Brilliant Friend, The Little Prince, Heidi...the list goes on, and a good one to consult can be found here.

A book with a face on the cover: Partial faces, full faces, anything works as long as it is identifiably a human face.

A book that fits into the August challenge: On the main page of this group, you can find the monthly reading challenge. Find a book that fits whatever the challenge for August is, and count that book here!

A re-read: If you have read a book before, read it again to get a box ticked off toward your bingo! (Bonus: no re-reading guilt here!)

Any book of your choice: I don’t think I need to say anything here. :)

The oldest book on your TBR pile: By this I meant the book that has been on your TBR the longest. If you are anything like me, you have at least one or two books yellowing and gathering dust on your shelves or that hasn’t budged from the TBR stack in a little while. Take some time and love that book! (Your best guess is also 100% accepted, and if you interpreted this as the earliest published book on your TBR, that’s cool, too.)

A book with flowers on the cover: Whether it be roses or daisies, a single flower or a whole bouquet, illustrated flowers or a photograph, it will count! Here are some examples: The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin , The Professor's House by Willa Cather , New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer , The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen .

A book you think you will rate 5 stars: It’s okay if you’re wrong, but if you ever picked up a book just feeling like it will be a 5-star read, here’s your chance to get to it, ASAP! (Bonus: let us know what you really rated it!)

A book that’s next in a series you’ve started: I’m so guilty of only ever reading the first book in a series, so here’s a challenge to pick up the second, third, fourth, etc. book in a series you have already started.

A mystery/thriller: Cozy mystery (Her Royal Spyness) or hard-hitting thriller (Gone Girl), if there’s something mysterious and/or exciting going on, it will count toward this challenge.

A book that fits into the September challenge: When the group challenge for September is posted, read a book that would count toward it, and credit it for yourself here!

A book with pictures in it: And I do mean any book! A children’s picture book (Hello, My Name is Ruby) will work, but so will picture books for adults (The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear) or graphic novels (Jane, the Fox, and Me) or comics (Hark! A Vagrant) or graphic memoirs (Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic).

A book under 200 pages: Similar to the book over 500 pages, the Goodreads metadata will help you determine how long a book is if you’re reading it as an ebook without page numbers or an audiobook. I do mean any book under 200 pages. Poetry, comic book, picture book, short novel, novella, short story...anything that is published as its own entity that is also under 200 pages counts for this!

A book with an animal name in the title: Self-explanatory, but here are some examples if you need them: The Tiger's Wife, Water for Elephants, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, The Mouse and the Motorcycle.

A book published in the decade you were born: If you were born, for example, in 1912, wow, you’re over 100 years old now, and you can read any book from 1910-1919 to fit this task. If you were born in 1990, you can read any book from 1990-1999 to fit this task. If you were born in 2010, you can read any book from 2010-2020 (but how are you already reading books coming out in a year and a half? Teach me your ways!) to fit this task. Okay, I think you get it. :) This also is the group challenge for July, so here’s a bonus place for this book to fit, probably!

Another book by an author you love: Any author you particularly enjoy, find a book by them that you have not yet read, and pick it up!

A book you’ve been putting off: Do you have summer reading you need to do? Do you have a book you’ve just been saving for a rainy day? Do you have a book you’re dreading because you think it will be sad, or maybe it’s the last book in a series you don’t want to end? Come on...what are you waiting for? This might be a BINGO for you!

message 3: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) THE TEMPLATE:

[YOUR NAME HERE]’s Bingo Progress:

Book 1

Book 2

Book 3

… etc.

Total Bingos: ##

----------

AN EXAMPLE:

Brave’s Bingo Progress:

One-word title: Atonement

A classic: Moby-Dick or, The Whale

August challenge: I’m not sure what the August challenge will be yet, but if, for example, it was to read an orange book, I might pick Still Here by Linda Grant , and count it here.

Predicted five-star rating: I predicted I would rate Cold Earth five stars, and I rated it 4. So close!

Under 200 pages: Sulphuric Acid has a total page count of 144 pages.

BINGO!!! (with the five listed above)

A re-read: I re-read The Hobbit...for the 20th time

A book with pictures in it: Epileptic

A YA book: A Great and Terrible Beauty

Total Bingos: 1

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I'm in and excited!!!!

message 5: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I´m in!

Matilde’s Bingo Progress:

Total Bingos:

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Aug 21, 2018 02:09PM) (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 313 comments I'm in!

Bingo
Hooked on Books
July 1 2018 - December 31 2018

{X}{-}{X}{-}{-}
{X}{X}{X}{X}{-}
{-}{-}{X}{-}{X}
{X}{X}{-}{-}{-}
{X}{-}{-}{-}{-}

Amanda’s Bingo Progress:

A book with a one word title:

Wildflower by Drew Barrymore
Completed 20/8/18 Rating 4 stars

A book over 500 pages:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Completed 13/8/18 Rating 4 stars

626 pages

A classic:

The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Completed 18/7/18 Rating 3 stars

A book that has a name in the title:

Mario and the Magician by Thomas Mann
Completed 19/8/18 Rating 3 stars

A YA book:

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
Completed 18/8/18 Rating 3 stars

A book in translation:

Escape De Ontsnapping by Heleen van Royen
Completed 8/7/18 Rating 2 stars

Any book of your choice:

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie Read 3/07/18

A book with flowers on the cover:

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Completed 24/7/18 Rating 5 stars

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

A book you think you will rate 5 stars:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Completed 13/8/18 Rating 4 stars

A book that’s next in a series you’ve started:

The Boy on the Bridge by M. R. Carey
Completed 4/8/18 Rating 4 stars

A book under 200 pages:

Mother Courage and Her Children by Bertolt Brecht
Completed 17/8/18 Rating 3 stars

106 pages

Total Bingos: 0

message 7: by Robyn (last edited Sep 20, 2018 05:59AM) (new)

Robyn (birdwithabrain) | 92 comments I'm in! What a fantastic bingo square :)

Bingo Progress: A book over 500 pages - Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson (convincingly over at 1,233 pages...)
A book in translation - Snowblind by Ragnar Jónasson
A book you think you will rate 5 stars - Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
A book under 200 pages - Three Things I’d Tell My Younger Self by Joanna Cannon and others (82 pages)
A book with a one-word title - Scythe by Neal Shusterman
A book that has a name in the title - Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
A YA book - Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
A book you've been putting off - Golden Son by Pierce Brown
A book that fits into the September group reading challenge - Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Any book of your choice - Women Invent the Future: A Science Fiction Anthology by various authors

Total Bingos:

[X][-][X][-][-]
[-][X][X][X][-]
[-][-][X][-][-]
[X][-][-][X][-]
[X][-][-][-][X]

message 8: by Catherine (last edited Jul 11, 2018 06:13AM) (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments I'm in. Whoever decided to do this is awesome!

Cat’s Bingo Progress:

[-][-][-][-][-]
[-][X][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-]
[X][X][-][-][-]

A Book that has a Name in the Title: Anansi Boys
A Book under 200 pgs: Saga, Vol. 8
A Book with an Animal Name in the Title: Cry Wolf

Total Bingos:

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 216 comments Jess’ Bingo Progress:

Total Bingos:

message 10: by Karo (last edited Jul 02, 2018 06:07AM) (new)

Karo | 10 comments I'm in, sounds fun! Thank you for making this:)

Bingo Progress:

Total Bingos:

message 11: by zahraa (last edited Jul 06, 2018 01:08AM) (new)

zahraa al lawati (laloolawati) I’m in!!

Zahraa’s Bingo Process:
The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One (Women Are Some Kind Of Magic, #2) by Amanda Lovelace : collection of poetry.

message 12: by Katherine (last edited Sep 23, 2018 03:50PM) (new)

Katherine | 103 comments 💙💙💙💙 Katherine's Bingo Progress: 💙💙💙💙 1st July - 31st Dec 2018.

Row 1: (view spoiler)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling Saga, Vol. 6 (Saga, #6) by Brian K. Vaughan The Purple Girl by Audrey Kane Junjo Romantica, Volume 11 by Shungiku Nakamura Doctor Who Wetworld by Mark Michalowski
Row 2: (view spoiler)
The Books of Tarzan, Vol 1 (Tarzan, #1-5) by Edgar Rice Burroughs Junjo Romantica, Volume 12 by Shungiku Nakamura Depression is a Liar by Danny Baker Calm Slice of Life Short Stories (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7.5) by Ruby Dixon Doctor Who The Nightmare Of Black Island by Mike Tucker
Row 3: (view spoiler)
Fairest of All A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4) by Eve Langlais The Unfairest of Them All (Ever After High, #2) by Shannon Hale Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1 by Akiko Higashimura War Horse (War Horse, #1) by Michael Morpurgo
Row 4: (view spoiler)
Kingsman The Secret Service by Mark Millar Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5) by Ruby Dixon The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James Boy Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl Princess Jellyfish, Tome 2 by Akiko Higashimura
Row 5: (view spoiler)
How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10) by Cressida Cowell A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3) by Eve Langlais Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5) by John Allison The Beauty's Brother by Leon Hart Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7) by Ruby Dixon
Row 6: (view spoiler)
Doe and the Wolf (Furry United Coalition, #5) by Eve Langlais Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2) by Eve Langlais Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6) by Ruby Dixon Ostrich and the 'Roo (Furry United Coalition, #6) by Eve Langlais Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5) by Rumiko Takahashi
Row 7: (view spoiler)
Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3) by Eve Langlais Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8) by Ruby Dixon Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4) by Eve Langlais Doctor Strange The Beginning by Steve Behling The Awakening & The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith
Row 8: (view spoiler)
Origins (Dead Highways #1) by Richard Brown Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6) by John Allison Doctor Who - The Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter Five Glass Slippers by Elisabeth Brown The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2) by Douglas Adams
Row 9: (view spoiler)
Barbarian's Heart (Ice Planet Barbarians, #9) by Ruby Dixon Better Date than Never Boxed Set Books 1-6 (Better Date than Never, #1-6) by Susan Hatler Ranma ½, Vol. 3 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #3) by Rumiko Takahashi Ranma ½, Vol. 4 (Ranma ½ (US 1nd), #4) by Rumiko Takahashi 王子様になれない Ouji-sama ni Narenai  by Saeko Kamon
Row 10: (view spoiler)
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10) by Ruby Dixon Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11) by Ruby Dixon How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11) by Cressida Cowell The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
Row 11: (view spoiler)
Critical Failures II Fail Harder by Robert Bevan Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1) by Mark Tufo Wolverine Old Man Logan, Vol. 1 Berzerker by Jeff Lemire The World's Greatest First Love, Vol. 4 by Shungiku Nakamura Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones
Row 12: (view spoiler)
Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4) by Eve Langlais Critical Failures III A Storm of S-Words by Robert Bevan Hell's Geek (Welcome To Hell, #5) by Eve Langlais A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3) by Shannon Hale Ash by Malinda Lo

Total Bingo's: 12

message 13: by Kristina Simon (last edited Dec 01, 2018 04:36PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) Fun!! I'm in.

Kristina Simon's Bingo Progress:
July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018

⦿ A book with an animal name in the title -- Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos ~ 7/3/18
⦿ A book under 200 pages-- Death On Demand ~ 7/4/18
⦿ A book with flowers on the cover -- Death in Four Courses (Key West Food Critic Mystery #2) by Lucy Burdette ~ 7/5/18
⦿ A book with a vehicle on the cover -- Calculated In Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb (ambulance) ~ 7/7/18
⦿ A mystery/thriller -- The Surgeon ~ 7/9/18
⦿ Any book of your choice -- The Apprentice ~ 7/12/18
⦿ A book with a face on the cover -- A Good Man Is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor ~ 7/19/18
⦿ A YA book -- The Madman’s Daughter ~ 7/22/18
⦿ A book with a one word title -- Honolulu ~ 7/24/18
⦿ A book that has a name in the title -- Goodnight, Irene ~ 7/26/18
⦿ A book that’s next in a series you’ve started -- Origin ~ 7/31/18
⦿ A book in translation -- The Violin of Auschwitz ~ 8/2/18
⦿ A book that fits into the August challenge -- When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows, #1) by James Patterson snow (water) on cover ~ 8/11/18
⦿ A book over 500 pages -- American Gods ~ 8/20/18
⦿ A book you’ve been putting off -- The Log from the Sea of Cortez ~ 8/23/18
⦿ A book with pictures in it (graphic novels count) -- Are You My Mother? ~ 8/31/18
⦿ Another book by an author you love -- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry ~ 9/6/18
⦿ A book you think you will rate 5 stars -- Thankless in Death ~ 9/13/18
⦿ A re-read -- Congo ~ 9/18/18
⦿ A classic -- The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ 9/20/18
⦿ A book with a mostly green cover -- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain ~ 10/2/18
⦿ The oldest book on your TBR pile -- Face Time ~ 11/11/18
⦿ A book that fits into the September challenge (oldest of old TBR's) -- Contagion ~ 11/23/18
⦿ A collection of poetry -- No Matter the Wreckage ~ 12/1/18

Total Bingo's: 10

[X][X][X][X][X]
[X][X][X][X][X]
[X][X][X][X][X]
[X][X][X][X][X]
[X][X][-][X][X]

message 14: by Kristen (last edited Sep 23, 2018 09:53AM) (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments Heck yes!

KRISTEN’s Bingo Progress:

O4- A book with pictures in it: The Little Prince
G1- A book with a mostly green cover: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging
I4- The next book in a series you've already started: On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
B2- A Classic: The Catcher in the Rye
I2- A book that has a name in the title: An Abundance of Katherines
G2- A book in translation: Crime and Punishment
O5 - A book you've been putting off: The Secrets We Keep
B5 - A book under 200 pages: Pashmina
O2 - A book with a face on the cover: Archie, Vol. 1: The New Riverdale
N2 - A YA book: Always Forever Maybe
G5 - Another book by an author you love: Challenger Deep
O1 - A book with a vehicle on the cover: Archie, Vol. 4
B1 - A book with a one word title: Crenshaw
N3 - Any book of your choice: Wishtree
N4 - A mystery/thriller: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
B4 - A book you think you will rate 5 stars: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
N1: A book over 500 pages: Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
G3: The oldest book on your TBR pile: The Jungle Book
B3: A book that fits into the August reading challenge: Kill The Farm Boy
O3: A book with flowers on the cover: Life, After
I1: A collection of poetry: Poe: Stories and Poems: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Gareth Hinds
N5: a book published in the decade you were born: Wild Magic
I5: a book with an animal name in the title: Of Mice and Men
I3: a reread: The Hobbit
G4: a book that fits into the September group reading challenge: The Girl at Midnight
Total Bingos: 12

message 15: by Lemonitsa (last edited Jul 02, 2018 04:31PM) (new)

Lemonitsa | 102 comments I’m in! This is going to be fun!

Lemonitsa’s Bingo Progress:

Total Bingos:

message 16: by Ellen (last edited Jul 04, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

Ellen Marcolongo | 60 comments Ellen’s Bingo Progress:

Book 1 Any book of your choice: Insane America's Criminal Treatment of Mental Illness by Alisa Roth

Book 2 A book under 200 pages: Feminism is for Everybody Passionate Politics by bell hooks

Book 3 Young adult: One Mississippi by Mark Childress

Book 4 A book with an animal name in the title: Birds of a Feather A True Story of Hope and the Healing Power of Animals by Lorin Lindner

message 17: by Marisela (last edited Dec 05, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Marisela (mariselaa) | 14 comments I’m in!

Marisela’s Bingo Progress:
Book One - A Collection of Poetry: Please Don't Go Before I Get Better by Madisen Kuhn
Book Two - A Mystery/Thriller Worth Killing For (Julia Gooden Mystery, #3) by Jane Haseldine
Book Three - A Classic: Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery
Book Four - Any Book : Elites of Eden (Children of Eden, #2) by Joey Graceffa
Book Five - A Book In Translation: Persepolis The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) by Marjane Satrapi

Total Bingos:
[-][X][-][-][-]
[X][-][-][X][-]
[-][-][X][-][-]
[-][-][X][-][-]
[-][-][-][-][-]

message 18: by Joni (last edited Oct 01, 2018 11:35AM) (new)

Joni | 88 comments Jonidyan's Bingo Progress

Total Bingos: 12!!! ALL FINISHED

Renegades (Renegades, #1)**Poetry for Young People: Ed...**The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)**Hero at Large**Savannah Blues

The Time Machine**Alex and Eliza (Alex & Eliza, #1)**King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)**The Accusation: Forbidden Stories from Inside North Korea**A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages

The Bookshop at Water's End**A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, #3)**Results May Vary**The Outsiders**The Dead Wife's Handbook: A Novel

The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)**Julia's Last Hope (Women of the West, #2)**Savannah Breeze (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #2)**A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)**Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-0.2)**Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found**Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2)**Surprise Me**Bonfire

message 19: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 73 comments What’s the August challenge?

message 20: by Alexandra (last edited Jul 04, 2018 12:15PM) (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments Count me in :)

Alex's Bingo Progress:

message 21: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Jesa Rachele wrote: "What’s the August challenge?"

I don't know them ahead of time. :) Just in August, when the challenge gets posted on the main page of the group, check it out and read a book that fits it! Same with the September challenge.

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2018 04:38PM) (new)

I'm in.
Janessa's Bingo Progress

Book 1: a book that fits into the August group reading challenge
The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert

Book 2: a re-read:
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Book 3: any book of your choice
The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas

Book 4: the oldest book on your TBR pile

Book 5: a book with flowers on the cover
The Cellar (The Cellar #1) by Natasha Preston

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments I would love to play too if I'm not to late please

message 24: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Susan wrote: "I would love to play too if I'm not to late please"

You're not too late! :) You can join in at any time. So glad you're playing with us!

message 25: by Tawallah (last edited Dec 30, 2018 07:10PM) (new)

Tawallah | 120 comments June 's Bingo Progress
July 2018-Dec 2018

✔ Book 1: A Book over 500 pages
Children of Time

✔ Book 2: A YA book
Heir of Fire

✔ Book 3 : Any book of your choice
Born in the Briar Patch by Bev Clarke

✔ Book 4: A mystery/thriller
4.50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie

✔ Book 5: A book published in the decade you were born- 1970s
The Far Pavilions

✔ Book 6 : A book with one word title
Redshirts by John Scalzi

✔ Book 7: A Classic
The Warden

✔ Book 8: A book that fits the August group reading challenge(Earth, Wind or Air cover )
Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey

✔ Book 9: A book you think you will rate 5 stars
Senlin Ascends

✔ Book 10: A book less than 200 pages
A Princess of Mars

✔ Book 11: A poetry collection
For colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf

✔ Book 12 : A book with a name in the title
Still Alice by Lisa Genova

✔ Book 13: A re-read
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

✔ Book 14: The next book in a series already started
Shadows in Bronze

✔ Book 15: A book with an animal name in the title
The Guest Cat

✔ Book 16: A book with mostly green cover
The Lost City of Z A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann

✔ Book 17: A book in translation
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Book 18: Oldest Book on TBR

Book 19: September challenge: Oldest book on tbr

✔ Book 20: Book by an author you love: C.S. Lewis
Till We Have Faces A Myth Retold by C.S. Lewis

Book 21: A book with a vehicle on cover

✔ Book 22: A book with a face on cover
The Price of Freedom by Donna Every

✔ Book 23: A book with flowers on the cover
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
✔ Book 24: A book with pictures in it
Just Call Me Madam Chronicles of Emancipation by Morris Greenidge

Book 25: A book you have been putting off

Total Bingo: 4

message 26: by Kathy (last edited Jul 15, 2018 01:36PM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 533 comments I'm in for this one!

message 27: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariaaguilarce) | 1 comments I'm in! :)

message 28: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) I'm seriously impressed by how well a lot of you are doing! Happy you all are enjoying this challenge, and I can't wait to see what else you'll be reading.

message 29: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Velasquez (eileenv) | 12 comments i´m in !!!! ;) this looks awesome!!!!!!

message 30: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pandareader36) | 49 comments I'm in. Love Bingo

message 31: by Yildredth (new)

Yildredth (yil_v) | 16 comments I'm in! :)

message 32: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Velasquez (eileenv) | 12 comments eileen´s progress
1 a book with images in it : amulet the stone keeper
2 a YA book : elenor and park
3 a re read : shadow hunters the origins mecanic angel
4 ANY BOOK OF YOUR CHOICE :series of unfortunete events the bad begining

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) (X) ( ) ( )
( ) (X) (X) ( ) ( )
(X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Beatrice Longbottom | 88 comments Ooh, I'm in!

Ok, so far in July I've read:
*A Book With Pcitures In It: Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident

message 34: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Velasquez (eileenv) | 12 comments eileen´s progress
5 a book with a face on the cover : momo
6 a book in translation : la guerra de las galaxias
7 a book that has a name on the title : Lenka
8 a classic :the treasure island

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
(X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
( ) ( ) (X) (X) ( )
(X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

im done YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 35: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) Congratulations, Eileen!

message 36: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Eileen wrote: "eileen´s progress
5 a book with a face on the cover : momo
6 a book in translation : la guerra de las galaxias
7 a book that has a name on the title : Lenka
8 a classic :the treasure island

BINGO!..."

Congratulations! :D

message 37: by Kristina Simon (last edited Aug 02, 2018 06:51PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) My 1st Bingo!

⦿ A book under 200 pages-- Death On Demand ~ 7/4/18
⦿ A book that’s next in a series you’ve started -- Origin ~ 7/31/18
⦿ Any book of your choice -- The Apprentice ~ 7/12/18
⦿ A book in translation -- The Violin of Auschwitz ~ 8/2/18
⦿ A book with a vehicle on the cover -- Calculated In Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb (ambulance) ~ 7/7/18

BINGO!!!

message 38: by Sierra (last edited Aug 11, 2018 06:47AM) (new)

message 39: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) I'm seriously so impressed by the progress everyone has made!!

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) If I'm joining now but have read books before now that would work toward the bingo card, can I still use those or do i need to start fresh from now?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question are we trying to spell out the world BINGO with the books we read for each challenge, or do we have to get 5 in a row?

message 42: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Courtney wrote: "If I'm joining now but have read books before now that would work toward the bingo card, can I still use those or do i need to start fresh from now?"

Yes, you can use previously read books if you would like to! :)

message 43: by Brave (new)

Brave (bravereads) Janessa wrote: "I have a question are we trying to spell out the world BINGO with the books we read for each challenge, or do we have to get 5 in a row?"

5 in a row! :)

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) Brave wrote: "Courtney wrote: "If I'm joining now but have read books before now that would work toward the bingo card, can I still use those or do i need to start fresh from now?"

Yes, you can use previously r..."

Thanks!

message 45: by Courtney (last edited Sep 11, 2018 06:34AM) (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) I'm joining!

Courtney's Bingo Progress:

Book One: Moonraker (James Bond, #3) by Ian Fleming
Book Two: Delights and Shadows by Ted Kooser
Book Three:
Book Four: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Book Five: The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan, #3) by Tom Clancy
Book Six: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Book Seven: Alfred Hitchcock Presents Stories to Stay Awake By by Alfred Hitchcock
Book Eight: Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
Book Nine: El alquimista una fábula para seguir tus sueños by Paulo Coelho
Book Ten: The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown
Book Eleven: Sahara (Dirk Pitt, #11) by Clive Cussler
Book Twelve: The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
Book Thirteen: Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot #9) by Agatha Christie
Book Fourteen:
Book Fifteen:
Book Sixteen: Making Money (Discworld, #36; Moist Von Lipwig, #2) by Terry Pratchett I did end up rating it 5 stars, btw :)
Book Seventeen: Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2) by Ian Fleming
Book Eighteen: Diamonds Are Forever (James Bond, #4) by Ian Fleming
Book Nineteen:
Book Twenty: As You Wish Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes
Book Twenty-one:
Book Twenty-two:
Book Twenty-three:
Book Twenty-four:
Book Twenty-five:

Number of Bingos: One!

[x][x][-][x][x]
[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][-][-]
[x][x][x][-][x]
[-][-][-][-][-]

message 46: by Dani (last edited Sep 09, 2018 09:08PM) (new)

Dani Wood (zeldamay93) | 14 comments Little late to the game but I'm going to jump in! Many more to come

A book over 500 pages: The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2) by Robert Jordan

A Re-Read: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

A book you think you will rate five stars: Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks

A book with pictures in it: (joys of reading to my son) Never Smile at a Crocodile by Jack Lawrence

message 47: by Susan (last edited Aug 24, 2018 02:19AM) (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments I forgot about this challenge but I am so happy I found it now.

Row-1
Confessions by Kanae Minato A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden, #2) by A.R. Torre

Row-2
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Lucky in Love by Kasie West And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena

Row-3
Looking for Alaska by John Green The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

Row-4
An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2) by Holly Smale Caught by Harlan Coben Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata Konami

Row-5
If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

message 48: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments Aww. I finished my whole bingo board. I'm kinda sad now. haha This was a lot of fun.