The Sword and Laser discussion

Local Group Meetups > San Francisco Aug. 25 Meetup at Borderlands Books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (last edited Aug 03, 2014 09:18PM) (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Our first San Francisco meetup was great fun, and Monday, Aug 25 is confirmed for our 2nd meetup at Borderlands Books!

Supreme Sword Veronica will be in attendance, as well as me - please join us from 6pm - 8pm!

We'll discuss the August pick, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and chat about anything else Sword & Laser-y. Borderlands will also have a stack of whatever the September pick will be, and you'll be able to grab a copy at a 10% discount!

You can RSVP here:
https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

We've set up meetups at Borderlands for the last Monday of the month for the rest of year. If you want to mark your calendars:

- Sept 29
- Oct 27
- Nov 24

Dec 29 is a possibility, but we may skip Dec since people's holiday schedules will likely be full. I'll have an update on that later.

Hope to see you at the next meetup!

message 2: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Hey guys!

Unfortunately, Josh and I won't be able to make it to this month's meeting (I have a sudden audition in NYC and Josh has a pre-planned trip).

I'm hoping that you guys will still be attending and chatting about the book!! I feel terrible that I can't make it, but I want the group to live on this month and in the future, like an autonomous book reading discussion robot!

message 3: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Yes, I'm bummed Veronica and I both have unexpected conflicts, but forum member Fresno Bob will be leading the discussion in our abscence, so please still come by to meet each other, chat and pick up the next month's pick if you need it!

message 4: by Fresno Bob (new)

Fresno Bob | 582 comments hey, that's me.....hope to see some of you there!

message 5: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Reminder that the SF meetup is TONIGHT! Fresno Bob will be leading the discussion. I hope you guys will all be there! If I get a report back that like, two of you showed up, I'm sending Lem after the rest of you.

message 6: by Fresno Bob (new)

Fresno Bob | 582 comments Lem can stay on the chain, Alan, Nick, Jonathan, Irene, Andy, Jasper, Mark and myself had some delightful discussion around NOTW. Fortunately we all had read WMF as well, so we didn't have to do the spoiler dance. Hope to see everyone next month.

message 7: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

YAY!!!!!! <3<3<3

message 8: by Ulmer Ian (new)

Ulmer Ian (eean) | 341 comments Scalzi is at Borderlands tomorrow. I've been to his signing before, I'm sure he will put on a good show. :)