Books and Jams Readalong discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
I'm really excited to dive into another Kate Morton book! I've heard from a few of you that you're planning on reading along with us! Feel free to say hi here and welcome others to the group as well.

Lake House or Beach House?

message 2: by Berna (new)

Berna | 64 comments Hi!
I am reading the book with all of you. I am really excited that I will be reading a Kate Morton book. This will be a first :)
I will probably be reading the book in the second half of the month.

As for Lake House or Beach House, I live in a city that has beaches, therefore a Beach House!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenniferc01) | 6 comments I will be reading this book with the group. I've never read Kate Morton but I'm excited to give her book a try.

As I live about 50 miles from the Golden Isles of Georgia, beach house.

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri  (tee_reads) | 57 comments This will be my third Kate Morton book. I plan to start reading before the end of the week (as soon as I finish my current read.)

I think Lake House for me. I've never been much of a beach person but I love the water!

message 5: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Nelson | 14 comments This will be my first Kate Morton & I've heard great things so I'm excited to read this one with the group!

Beach House all the way for me, always. :)

message 6: by Ruth Ann (new)

Ruth Ann (moodygrl00) This is my first Kate Morton so I’m very excited to join in.

Being a So Cal girl (living in Northern Virginia) I have to say beach house.

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean  Field I will be starting this next week for sure as soon as I finish the library book I am reading. Looking forward to reading a new author and hearing what you all have to say as we go along.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 8 comments I've had The Lake House on my Kindle for well over a year -- what a great reason to FINALLY get to reading it!! About a year ago, my daughter in law said, "get The Lake House and read it! We need to discuss"! Finally, I'm getting around to it! This is my first readalong and I'm excited!!

As a Northwest native, I'd say Beach House - love our wild and rugged coastline! :-)

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane | 22 comments I haven't been able to join a readalong in a while so I am excited to join in this month. I have never read Kate Morton, but I have heard Krista recommend her books several times and they sound like the type of books I enjoy so I am looking forward to finally diving in.

As a lifelong Michigan resident, I will go with lake house (although I do enjoy the ocean as well!).

message 10: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 12 comments I'm in! i am reading this for the Tome Topple Readathon. I am going to havr to go with Lake House

message 11: by Elsa (new)

Elsa It's my first Kate Morton and my third readalong with this group. I am fortunate to live in SC, nearish to beaches and lakes. I think a lake house is calmer and cooler, especially with the scorching summer we've been having.

message 12: by Krista (new)

Berna wrote: "Hi!
I am reading the book with all of you. I am really excited that I will be reading a Kate Morton book. This will be a first :)
I will probably be reading the book in the second half of the mon..."

Glad you're reading with us again, Berna! I hope you enjoy your first Kate Morton! It's my 3rd.

message 13: by Krista (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I will be reading this book with the group. I've never read Kate Morton but I'm excited to give her book a try.

As I live about 50 miles from the Golden Isles of Georgia, beach house."

Yay for beach house!! I am excited to hear what you think about your first Kate Morton!

message 14: by Krista (new)

Ruth Ann wrote: "This is my first Kate Morton so I’m very excited to join in.

Being a So Cal girl (living in Northern Virginia) I have to say beach house."

I visited Southern California a few years ago. It was so lovely! Glad you're reading with us this month! Hope you fall in love with Kate Morton!

message 15: by Krista (new)

Terri wrote: "This will be my third Kate Morton book. I plan to start reading before the end of the week (as soon as I finish my current read.)

I think Lake House for me. I've never been much of a beach person..."

It's my 3rd Morton book too. Which other two have you read? I read Forgotten Garden quite a few years ago and then Secret Keeper in 2016. Both were so great!

message 16: by Krista (new)

Rhonda wrote: "This will be my first Kate Morton & I've heard great things so I'm excited to read this one with the group!

Beach House all the way for me, always. :)"

I'm so excited that so many are reading Kate Morton for the first time! I can't wait to hear what you think!

message 17: by Krista (new)

Jean wrote: "I will be starting this next week for sure as soon as I finish the library book I am reading. Looking forward to reading a new author and hearing what you all have to say as we go along."

I have just started today. Took a few days off reading after finishing a big book on July 3rd. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

message 18: by Krista (new)

Elsa wrote: "It's my first Kate Morton and my third readalong with this group. I am fortunate to live in SC, nearish to beaches and lakes. I think a lake house is calmer and cooler, especially with the scorchin..."

I agree that lake houses are a bit calmer and cooler, which has its benefits, but I also love the sand and the waves. I can't decide. Glad you're reading with us again this month.

message 19: by Krista (new)

Stefanie wrote: "I'm in! i am reading this for the Tome Topple Readathon. I am going to havr to go with Lake House"

I was hoping to finish this for Tome Topple, but since I just started today I may not be able to. We'll see.

message 20: by Krista (new)

Diane wrote: "I haven't been able to join a readalong in a while so I am excited to join in this month. I have never read Kate Morton, but I have heard Krista recommend her books several times and they sound lik..."

I'm glad you'll be joining in again this month, Diane. I hope you fall in love with Kate Morton. There are so many of you who are reading her books for the first time. I hope this one lives up to the hype!

message 21: by Krista (new)

Susan wrote: "I've had The Lake House on my Kindle for well over a year -- what a great reason to FINALLY get to reading it!! About a year ago, my daughter in law said, "get The Lake House and read it! We need t..."

I haven't been to the coast in the Pacific Northwest, but I'd love to! Glad you're reading along this month! Can't wait to hear your thoughts and how great that you can finally discuss it with your daughter in law! haha.

message 22: by Terri (new)

Terri  (tee_reads) | 57 comments Krista wrote: "Terri wrote: "This will be my third Kate Morton book. I plan to start reading before the end of the week (as soon as I finish my current read.)

I think Lake House for me. I've never been much of ..."

Forgotten Garden was my first and I loved it so much. I've also read Riverton and loved it almost as much. I just love her writing style and books with lots of family history and relationships between various family members always grab my interest.

message 23: by Joy (new)

Joy | 1 comments Just grabbed it from the library today. Looking forward to diving into it. Never read anything by Morton before. :)

message 24: by Krista (new)

Joy wrote: "Just grabbed it from the library today. Looking forward to diving into it. Never read anything by Morton before. :)"

Yay! I think you'll like her books! So excited a "real life" friend is joining in! haha. My mom usually reads along too, but never comments.