Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's june reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Jul 01, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments hello summer vacation :)
a really good month for me, thanks to a lot of beach time and some ARCs/e-galleys from netgalley.
The Summer Wives- beatriz williams
A Spark of Light- jodi picoult
The Perfect Couple- elin hilderbrand
The Weight of Ink- rachel kadish (for my F2F book group- didn't finish it)
By Invitation Only- dorothea benton frank
Dreams of Falling- karen white
The Collector’s Apprentice- b.a. shapiro
Past Tense- lee child
The Guilty Dead- pj tracy

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1237 comments Sherry wrote: "hello summer vacation :)

Yeah for summer and for a new Monkeewrench book.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15060 comments Great list Sherry, some highly anticipated new releases to look forward to! I've enjoyed two previous B.A. Shapiro books and like Melodie like knowing a new Monkeewrench book is coming later this summer.
Sherry wrote: "hello summer vacation :)
a really good month for me, thanks to a lot of beach time and some ARCs/e-galleys ."

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments Good month! Looking forward to the Reacher!

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Ann wrote: "Great list Sherry, some highly anticipated new releases to look forward to! I've enjoyed two previous B.A. Shapiro books and like Melodie like knowing a new Monkeewrench book is coming later this s..."

both were really good- as was the reacher book.

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8300 comments Sherry wrote: "hello summer vacation :)
a really good month for me, thanks to a lot of beach time and some ARCs/e-galleys from netgalley.
The Summer Wives- beatriz williams
[book:A Spark of Light|..."

Hooray for beachtime! Thanks for the heads up on some of my favorites.

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi Weight of Ink is on my TBR list. Did you not finish it because you didn't like it? Curious to know!

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Great beach reads Sherry! Need to get back to the Monkeewrench books.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Randi wrote: "Weight of Ink is on my TBR list. Did you not finish it because you didn't like it? Curious to know!"

hi randi-
didn't like it . way too wordy. i read some reviews that likened it to the goldfinch and the secret history- two books that i didn't like at all. half of my book club liked it, half didn't finish it.
hope you like it.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Susie wrote: "Great beach reads Sherry! Need to get back to the Monkeewrench books."

always fun to read!

message 11: by Randi (new)

Randi Sherry wrote: "Randi wrote: "Weight of Ink is on my TBR list. Did you not finish it because you didn't like it? Curious to know!"

hi randi-
didn't like it . way too wordy. i read some reviews that likened it to ..."

good to know! I will keep that in mind. I am really into thrillers and being on the edge of my seat in the book, so I might put this one off for a bit! thanks for sharing!