Tome Topple Readathon discussion

Book Discussions > Nevernight Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thoughtsontomes) | 49 comments Mod
DO NOT post spoilers of any kind without using the spoiler tag (the goodreads HTML info is listed in the corner for how to do that) and don't post spoilers for any other books in the series.

Note: These discussion boards will not be heavily moderated, so please do be careful about spoilers and using the tags, as we probably will not catch any slips. Also keep all discussions in here civil, friendly, and on topic. If there are any questionable threads happening, please contact the mods via messaging. Thank you for doing your part to make these buddy reads a happy and engaging experience :)

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (saphiniawinter) | 3 comments So, I just finished Nevernight yesterday. Anyone else reading it? I really enjoyed the book and it left me with a lot of emotions.

I did 'read' it by audiobook and it is really the first time I've utilised the audiobook format and I actually enjoyed it because it helped combat that reading fatigue feeling you sometimes get with intimidating books.

I have a copy of Godsgrave and I want to read it but I was planning on including it in a readathon I'm doing in August.
It will be a trial to wait ahahah.

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina  ✳ The Shadow Dancer ✳ (goodreadcommystic_nina) | 3 comments I finished Nevernight yesterday as well and damn, it was one hell of a read. I wasn't sure I was gonna like it, but as the book moved forward it gained serious momentum & I just couldn't put it down.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (saphiniawinter) | 3 comments I had a feeling I would like it but it was hard to get into, but I knew that in advanced because I picked it up on the recommendation of a couple booktubers i follow and they mentioned that it was a slow start but once it picked up it picked up, which it definitely did! I'm glad i used the audiobook format as that helped me force through the beginning.

I must say though, i spent the entire book telling myself to not choose favourites because it gave me a bit of GOT vibes in terms of making connections with characters. And right about when I thought maybe it was okay to let myself love certain characters, things really started getting serious and I have a bone to pick with Jay ahaha

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina  ✳ The Shadow Dancer ✳ (goodreadcommystic_nina) | 3 comments I too, listened to the audiobook version. It did help a lot in terms of sticking around & not dnfing the book.

For me, the book started to get interesting around the second part of the book, it was easier then to get a glimpse of where the story was heading.

Regarding the characters, I think it's actually hard to pick a favorite beside Mia, I mean they're all badass.

I also liked the dry humor & Jay's blunt style of story telling.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (saphiniawinter) | 3 comments I agree that the second half really picked up. It was a really gradual beginning but when things got going they really went hard.

My favourites (apart from Mia) were Tric and Aishlinn so ... i'm sure you can understand my strife ahaha I just need to read Godsgrave to see how this all unravels.

The style of storytelling was unlike any I'd read before. But I'm not too surprised that it was that way, having watched some interviews with Jay before.
I must say though, I'm also Australian, and I feel a lot of pride knowing that an Australian author wrote a book like this that has many people talking. It also helps to explain the dry humour a bit ahah.