Tome Topple Readathon discussion

Book Discussions > Obsidio Discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thoughtsontomes) | 49 comments Mod
DO NOT post spoilers of any kind without using the spoiler tag (the goodreads HTML info is listed in the corner for how to do that) and don't post spoilers for any other books in the series.

Note: These discussion boards will not be heavily moderated, so please do be careful about spoilers and using the tags, as we probably will not catch any slips. Also keep all discussions in here civil, friendly, and on topic. If there are any questionable threads happening, please contact the mods via messaging. Thank you for doing your part to make these buddy reads a happy and engaging experience :)

message 2: by Ali (new)

Ali (booklandish) | 9 comments WOW. It took me a minute to get back in the story because I finished Gemina back in March. But boy I'm loving this one!
I'm at 50% and I've teared up quite a few times...
How's everyone doing on this round?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 19 comments Same with me. I honestly had no idea who the characters were so I had to look them up online lol. I feel like Obsidio is more text heavy than the other ones.

message 4: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Stewart | 13 comments Agree about text heavy. I’m on 537, so close to the end!! So. Many. Feeeeeels!

message 5: by Ali (new)

Ali (booklandish) | 9 comments Totally agree about the text, I kinda miss Hannah's drawings/diary pages from Gemina. I thought those were nice.
Once again we see that Grant ladies kick ass!

message 6: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Stewart | 13 comments Aw! I forgot about the drawings!!

I just finished guys AND 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

message 7: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle Hamilton (superbeautifumonster) | 9 comments I feel like if you've gotten all the way to Obsidio, you can't help but enjoy it, new characters + all your old favs, what's not to love?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 19 comments I stalled a bit (because of Anime Expo preparations lol) but I rather like the text heaviness of it. It explains so much more and I'm enjoying seeing the different personalities of the observers haha.

message 9: by Lenny (new)

Lenny | 6 comments I finished this the other day. I have to say, the first 100-150 pages were a bit of a struggle for me, but then I was HOOKED! I am so glad I persisted. Also - I feel like we need an entire thread dedicated the precious cinnamon roll that is Isaac Grant. Ya'll, I can't even with that man! His little moments 100% made this book for me :)

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 45 comments I finished this a few days ago as well, and I loved it! I enjoyed all of it--it was more text heavy, but that was fine with me!

(view spoiler)

And I agree about Isaac. That scene with him and Ella towards the end had me tearing up!

What did everyone think of Rhys and Asha? I didn't love them as much as Kady, Ezra, Hannah, Ella, and Nik, but I also feel like we didn't get enough time to know them. But I did really like Rhys, and of course Asha, who was so selfless.

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (mustbinsane) | 19 comments I'm almost halfway through now -- I'm not sure how to feel about it.

(view spoiler)

I am liking it so far, but I can tell this one is going to leave me with a lot of feelings.

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 45 comments Danielle wrote: "I'm almost halfway through now -- I'm not sure how to feel about it.

[spoilers removed]

I am liking it so far, but I can tell this one is going to leave me with a lot of feelings."

The parallels are uncanny.

message 13: by Ali (new)

Ali (booklandish) | 9 comments Jenny wrote: "I finished this a few days ago as well, and I loved it! I enjoyed all of it--it was more text heavy, but that was fine with me!

[spoilers removed]

And I agree about Isaac. That scene with him and..."

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Ali (new)

Ali (booklandish) | 9 comments Lenny wrote: "I finished this the other day. I have to say, the first 100-150 pages were a bit of a struggle for me, but then I was HOOKED! I am so glad I persisted. Also - I feel like we need an entire thread d..."

Isaac Grant <3