Tome Topple Readathon discussion

Book Discussions > Children of Blood and Bone Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thoughtsontomes) | 49 comments Mod
DO NOT post spoilers of any kind without using the spoiler tag (the goodreads HTML info is listed in the corner for how to do that) and don't post spoilers for any other books in the series.

Note: These discussion boards will not be heavily moderated, so please do be careful about spoilers and using the tags, as we probably will not catch any slips. Also keep all discussions in here civil, friendly, and on topic. If there are any questionable threads happening, please contact the mods via messaging. Thank you for doing your part to make these buddy reads a happy and engaging experience :)

Sarah Lillian Books | 2 comments I’m on page 377 and I’m so happy with my progress!!

Also, I can’t stop swooning❤️❤️❤️ also, I love this book. Also, if you need any more convincing to pick this up please let me persuade you 😁

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 45 comments I'm not reading this for Tome Topple, but I did read it a few months ago. I loved it!

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 3 comments I read this a couple of months ago. I liked it but it didn't really live up to the hype for me

Sarah Lillian Books | 2 comments I can understand why it didn’t live up to the hype for you. I felt like it was missing something so I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, I think that’s partly from the hype to expect more.

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel | 3 comments Yeah, the hype tends to add that sort of pressured feeling lol.

I loved magic system and how well it handles the topic of oppression so I definitely want to read the second book when it comes out!

My main issues were the relationships...the "unwanted attraction" felt sort of cliche and I was annoyed with a certain character's indecisiveness haha.

Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed it 😊😊

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Coutu (jamiecoutu) | 1 comments I read this for #tometopple and finished reading it yesterday. It took me several days and nearly 200 pages to finally get into the story. Real life was distracting, so I blame that partly. Once I was finally nearing the midpoint of the book, I was really enjoying it. I enjoyed it well enough to continue with the series.
I thought it was a well written book. I enjoyed the characters and the plot was interesting.
I was hesitant to read it with all the hype surrounding it. But overall I am glad that I read it.

message 8: by Ellana (new)

Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew (ellanarosetw) | 5 comments I'll admit I completely missed the hype train, but oh good gods that was one hell of a read.