The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Gone (Gone, #1)
This topic is about Gone
Past Group Reads > August: Gone - General Discussion (spoiler free)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments Our August group read is Gone!

Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant

This thread is for general discussion. Please be sure to mark all spoilers by using [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text, replacing the []s with <>s.

Enjoy!

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments My favorite series ever, quite literally.
Funny- I read this last august, so I'm exactly a year early!
Hope everyone likes it!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments I've never actually read it so I'm happy it won - gives me a good excuse to read it!

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Hope you like it Jessica!

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments I loved this series!!! its really good

message 6: by Madison (new) - added it

Madison Adams (awesomesauceadams) I just started reading it!! I've heard lots of good things!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments Um...so I'm about a third of the way through and I'm totally bored. It's not bad, but I just feel so disconnected from the characters - maybe because of the 3rd person POV or maybe because there's so many characters. But I'm just bored.

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments That's too bad Jessica.
I immediately got connected to the characters, and I actually thought Grant did a good job with handling the many POV's and still being able to develop the characters. Every person is different, though.
Hope it improves for you!

annaesj This is a brilliant series! There are a lot of POVs, and some of the main characters don't feature that much until later books. I have just re-read the series.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gone (other topics)