What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Nonfiction: Boy & family are taken to a work camp during World War 2, he gets separated from his family/mother/sister, he works for a man in his home town. Cover is black & white with picture of a boy. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khala (new)

Khala Riddick | 1 comments A nonfiction young adult book about a boy during world war 2. I read it between 2009-2014 it seemed a bit old. The cover was in black and white with a picture of a boy on the cover. It as published in English.
SPOILERS ALERT

He had a few brothers and sisters and were taken with their mother to a work camp. He got separated from his family, his mother and sister. The boy ended up working for a man in his home town. This man also brought a young Jewish girl as a companion, unfortunately, the young girl was used for sex for the natzi soldiers.
The boy then ran away in ended up living with a family as well as their pregnant daughter. He falls in love with the daughter. The book ends with the boy reuniting with his eldest sister.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Khala, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group homepage - which explain what to put in your header.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments I Am David?

I don't know about the part with the girl being forced to have sex with Nazi soldiers, though.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Khala, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Am David (other topics)