Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking beta readers for fantasy/fairytale story

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kilby (last edited Jul 01, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Kilby (kilbyrose) | 13 comments Hi everyone!
I wrote a fantasy/fairytale retelling. It's not long at all; only 19 chapters altogether (maybe it's too short lol). I'm looking for some people to read it over and hopefully offer some insightful feedback. So, if you're a fan of this genre, I'd love to have your help :)

message 2: by Kilby (new)

Kilby (kilbyrose) | 13 comments Wow, thanks, Coraline!!! Looking forward to it!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren van Vliet | 4 comments Hello,
I'm interested in your genre. I don't have a lot of experience as a beta reader, but I'd be interested in giving your novel a read. Two things I'd like to check on: 1. What's the word count? 2. Do you have a timeline in mind. I won't have a lot of time in July, but August is freer. Depending on the word count length, and your timeline, this may not be a fit right now. Feel free to DM me the details, and perhaps a brief summary.

message 4: by Kilby (last edited Jul 03, 2018 02:59AM) (new)

Kilby (kilbyrose) | 13 comments Hi Lauren!
I really don’t have any set timeline. If August works better for you, that’s fine by me. The word count is 13,158. Would u rather I send it to you now or in August? And would you like the whole novel at once or just one chapter at a time?

message 5: by Ruby Teresa (new)

Ruby Teresa (hasthrownafewbooksacrossrooms) | 6 comments Hi Kilby! I'd be interested in reading it, I am a massive fan of fantasy and fairy-tale retelling's, so a combination sounds great! If you could message me the details, I'd be happy to beta read it for you.

message 6: by Kilby (new)

Kilby (kilbyrose) | 13 comments Hi Ruby!
Thanks for offering to read for me. If you’d like to give me your email address, I can send it to you whenever the time works for you

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren van Vliet | 4 comments Feel free to send it to me now (or when you're ready), that way I can read it as soon as I have some time! As for how much to send, I don't mind if you choose to send one chapter, or send it all at once... whatever is easier for you is fine with me. DM for my email address. Kilby wrote: "Hi Lauren!
I really don’t have any set timeline. If August works better for you, that’s fine by me. The word count is 13,158. Would u rather I send it to you now or in August? And would you like t..."

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lenox (alizarinred) | 29 comments If you still need readers, my email is existentialrabbit@gmail.com

message 9: by Kilby (new)

Kilby (kilbyrose) | 13 comments Thank you Lisa for your help!