Play Book Tag discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
Archive: Other Books > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (last edited Jul 01, 2018 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charlotte | 1663 comments Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
3 stars

I missed finishing this book for Magical Realism by one day. Something came up personally and I've been doing a Bones marathon instead of reading

I like how Ransom Riggs came up with the story... finding interesting old photos at old flea markets, garage sales, and such... then coming up with the story behind the interesting photo.

I think this is one of the rare cases where I loved the movie so much more than the book. It may be because Samuel L Jackson plays the villain and he is one of my favorite actors. Also, the story and a couple of the characters differed a bit and I liked the differences that are in the movie.

It was ok and I'll probably read the next in the series, but I'm not going to be rushing out for it.

Susie | 4488 comments I’ve still not seen the movie. I felt the same about the next installment, and I haven’t felt compelled to continue the series since. Maybe one day.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I thought the way they changed the characters was really weird. There are quite a few "movie-worthy" scenes in the book already, why did they feel the need to switch around the peculiarities in the kids? I didn't feel this enhanced the book at all.