Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Cover Her Face (Adam Dalgliesh, #1)
This topic is about Cover Her Face
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (July 2018) Group Read - Cover Her Face, by P.D. James

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4090 comments Mod
****** THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for July Group Read: Cover Her Face, by P.D. James
Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 565 comments I read this one a long time ago, if I can get it from the library I will skim over again to refresh myself so I can particpate. I love PD James!

Shera (goodreadscomShera) | 57 comments David wrote: "****** THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

Post in here if you wish t..."

David wrote: "****** THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

Post in here if you wish t..."

I haven't lead a discussion before so I'll ask for help and patience

Beth Stewart | 610 comments You will be fine, Shera! This is a pretty good group although it's interesting to see how some books grab people and those same books are low on the scale for others. Rather fun, I think

Bill Kupersmith | 590 comments Mod
It was easy to accept that Mrs. Maxie was the murderess when she said "There must be a limit to what these people expect." But I thought too many unrelated plot lines came together the night of the murder, including the killer's turning the light on and off which is the signal for the uncle to come into the victim's room - it's more like a French bedroom(!) farce. You would scarcely know from James's debut effort that she would go on to write so moving a novel as Innocent Blood.

Bill Kupersmith | 590 comments Mod
I suppose one might add that characterisation is a bit weak too. Only by making us believe that Sally is a deliberate mischief maker can James explain why Sa!ly should announce an engagement to Stephen that triggers Mrs Maxie's murdering her.

Beth Stewart | 610 comments But considering the day and age, is it likely that sally would have gone through the embarrassment and prejudice against single moms voluntarily? Why would she not have openly said "the father is so and so who is currently away ......"

Sally's behaviour, to me, is unrealistic

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 565 comments I read this one long ago and didn't get a chance to reread this month. So I don't really remember much to comment on. I did finish the Adam Dalgleish series and would say I felt it was one series that got much better as it progressed, at least in my opinion.