Play Book Tag discussion

Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America's Gutsiest Troublemakers
This topic is about Gumption
Archive: Other Books > Gumption (Audible Version) by Nick Offerman 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1662 comments Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America's Gutsiest Troublemakers (Audible Version) by Nick Offerman
4 stars

Nick Offerman selected 21 historical and contemporary figures that he feels most exemplify the quality of gumption. For each person that he has selected he provides a bit of a history and then examples of their acts of gumption.

I loved learning more about the various figures and Nick Offerman's own stories peppered throughout.

There were a couple of stories that got a little dense and I struggled to listen to but for the most part it kept my attention. I was distracted by personal matters near the end but that's about the time one of my favorite actresses of all time was the topic, Carol Burnett, and I was immediately drawn back in. It caused me to pick Carol Burnett's, In Such Good Company: Eleven Years of Laughter, Mayhem, and Fun in the Sandbox, as my next audiobook.

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments Good review. Adding to TBR.

message 3: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Also added to the TBR. I'm assuming Nick does the audio for his own audiobook?

Saw recently that Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler are going to be co-hosting a reality crafting competition show coming out at the end of the month. I will probably be watching just for the hosts.