Diversity in All Forms! discussion

Purple Hibiscus
This topic is about Purple Hibiscus
Author's Pick > Purple Hibiscus (July 2018)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariah Roze (new) - added it

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1432 comments Mod
July Author Pick: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Gisela Hafezparast | 30 comments Again, just like most of her books, I have read this one quite a while ago, but it is really good and deals with really important issues. Highly recommend it.

message 3: by Ella (last edited Jul 10, 2018 04:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ella (ellamc) Perfect - I am headed to my bed to start this one tonight.

Edit - came back b/c I finished. Anyone else reading this?

Megan | 119 comments I've got it on hold at the library, and the list isn't too long, might get it before the end of the month

message 5: by Mariah Roze (new) - added it

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1432 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "I've got it on hold at the library, and the list isn't too long, might get it before the end of the month"

No problem and if you get it late we can always continue the discussion next month :)

Megan | 119 comments It just came in 😁

Megan | 119 comments This is slow going for me, just because she so accurately captures the oppressive atmosphere of living with an abusive parent. I like how the political situation sort of mirrors and comments on the family situation.

message 8: by Kay Dee (last edited Aug 03, 2018 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kay Dee (kdf_333) | 67 comments Megan wrote: "This is slow going for me, just because she so accurately captures the oppressive atmosphere of living with an abusive parent. I like how the political situation sort of mirrors and comments on the..."

hmm i find her fiction very slow moving and boring. i did eventually finish this book but it took me a looooooong time. i kept reading because of all the many, MANY, many positive reviews. i much prefer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's nonfiction.