Play Book Tag discussion

Heads in Beds: A Reckless Memoir of Hotels, Hustles, and So-Called Hospitality
This topic is about Heads in Beds
Archive: Other Books > Heads in Beds by Jacob tomsky

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 625 comments Along the lines of Kitchen Confidential, Heads in Beds is from the point of view of a front desk clerk or agent as they are called in this book. In this book, the author tells a lot of the tips and secrets about how to get a free upgrade, how dispute movie charges (even though you watched the movie), and how to bypass the pesky food filled, overpriced refrigerator (and how to dispute those charges), just to name a few. He also tells the reader how the housekeeping staff get those in room drinking glasses so sparkly clean (you may never drink out of a room glass again).

I thought this book was fun and interesting. Just be prepared if you are offended by the dropping of the f-bomb every time you turn the page.....this may not be the book for you.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I read this a few years back because I work in the hotel industry and felt like it definitely needed to be read with a grain of salt. I felt like the author definitely over-exaggerated things, and it seemed like he would have been/was more of a disgruntled employee who "expected things" (like tips) of guests versus a service-oriented employee who genuinely cares about the guests and hospitality level.

A fun read, but I kind of thought the author was a douchebag.