Science Fiction Aficionados discussion

Brave New World
This topic is about Brave New World
Monthly Read: Member Picks > Raven's Pick-Brave New World

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maggie K | 1282 comments Mod
This time we choice an all time classic-Brave New World. I read this when I was young but am seriously overdue for a re-read. My library copy is supposed to be in shortly!

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I just re-read this one a few months ago. As an adult I have a much larger perspective on the world and was able to appreciate this book more than I did the first time I read it in high school (for extra credit in Biology). I won't re-read again but I'll be happy to join in the discussion.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) totemynote wrote: "Randy, I love your Twilight Zone avatar."

Thanks for getting it! I'm sure it goes over the heads of most folks.

Allan Phillips Just finished reading it for the first time a couple days ago. I've had a copy for many years and it was at the point of falling apart, but still I never dove into it till now. It was one of only two novels in my composite top 100 list that I hadn't read. I very much enjoyed it, though it wasn't what I expected (though rarely unread classics are). I like the way societal norms are completely flipped, yet make a certain type of sense. Huxley was really insightful about what was to come, and ingenious in how he structured it. Also very prophetic in some ways. While it is very effective as it is, in a way I wish it had been longer and developed the world a little more.

message 5: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maggie K | 1282 comments Mod
I am about halfway through. there is a lot more to it than I remembered!