Science Fiction Aficionados discussion

The Divine Invasion
This topic is about The Divine Invasion
Series read:Valis > Valis #2-The Divine Invasion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (last edited Jul 01, 2018 10:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maggie K | 1282 comments Mod
It is officially July, and time to start the discussion of Philip K. Dick's The Divine Invasion.

Let us know what you think!

Allan Phillips Just finished it a few minutes ago. I liked it better than VALIS, although I can't say it was overwhelmingly great. At least it had something of a plot/logical story line, which was pretty absent in VALIS. I don't know, maybe I'm not smart enough to to really understand and analyze these, but both books clearly show that he was trying to make sense of what was in his head after his mystical revelation. What makes them really readable for me, however, is PKD's prose, the words carefully selected and sentences constructed for conciseness. There are a lot of authors out there who can waste a lot of words building something that Dick could describe just as well but quicker and with a third of the volume (looking at you, Neal Stephenson).

message 3: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am only about 1/3 through it. I am finding it intriguing though

message 4: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finally finished this last night. It came off to me as an allegorical tale about the godhead, although a bit trippy of one!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Divine Invasion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Philip K. Dick (other topics)