Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead → Start Date: October 7, 2014

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (last edited Sep 27, 2014 01:12PM) (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Vicki and I will be reading All Vampire Academy novels from October Until December. Feel free to jump in at any time.

Individual Threads Will Be Added When The Time Comes.

Here is when we will be reading them and there is no schedule but there is an average of pages that you have to read for each book.

Vampire Academy: 7/10/14 - 14/10/14 Average Page Count For Each Day: 47

Frostbite: 15/10/14 - 22/10/14 Average Page Count For Each Day: 47

Shadow Kiss: 23/10/14 - 6/11/14 Average Page Count For Each Day: 32

Blood Promise: 7/11/14 - 21/11/14 Average Page Count: 37

Spirit Bound: 22/11/14 - 6/12/14 Average Page Count: 37

Last Sacrifice: 7/12/14 - 21/12/14 Average Page Count: 43

Anyone is free to join in!

Happy Reading!

Tanya

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Tanya, thanks for making the thread. We need one for each eventually because some people might have read book one and will want to join for book 2, etc.

I've wanted to read this one for a VERY LONG TIME!! LOL

I hope the series meets both our expectations! :o)

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments We will make an individual thread when we get to books two and three and I'll change the name of this thread :)

I have been waiting to read this for a while as well and I hope that it meets both of our expectations too! :)

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome! I think it's been on my NOOK for two years? Lol

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments I've recently bought the second and third one from charity shops but I have yet to pick up the first one ;)

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I only have book 1. Lol

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments That's alright :) I am sure I can get book one soon.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I would love to join in on this. I own the first three books so it works out for me. :)

message 9: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Yay Amanda! You are welcome to join us :)

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Glad to have you join us, Amanda! :)

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Thanks, I'm excited to read these books with you both. Hope it's a good series.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I would like to join for the first one at least, if that's okay :)

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I might join

message 14: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 13 comments i'm going to join you :)

message 15: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Feel free :)

message 16: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments I'll join!(:

message 17: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Great :)

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Whoa! Looks like a lot of buddy readers!!! YAY!!! I'm SO excited to finally get to read this and with SO many awesome people. We should have some great discussions!

Welcome everybody! Glad to have you, Emma, Bookbuyer, Charlotte, and Matty! :o) Hope we all love it!

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Ray | 56 comments I would love to join!!!

message 20: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments You are welcome to join us Katie :) We would be happy if you could join us in our discussion.

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Glad to have you, Katie! :o)

message 22: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'd like to join for the 1st one too! Gotta see what the hype is all about :)

message 23: by Vicki (last edited Sep 11, 2014 11:29PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh, YAY!! Woo hoo!!! Welcome, Nicole! ☺️

message 24: by Tanya (last edited Sep 27, 2014 12:40PM) (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Not long to go for this buddy read :) I hope everyone is ready!!

message 25: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments If it's okay with everyone, I am pushing this forward one week and adding the rest of the books so people can jump in whenever they want.

message 26: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Wish I'd checked this post sooner! I just read the first 3 chapters thinking the start day was yesterday and I was behind. Oh well! Now I'm ahead lol

message 27: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Sorry about that lol But I guess you're ahead :D

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Tanya, is the actual start date a week from October 7 now? I'm confused.

message 29: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Vicki wrote: "Tanya, is the actual start date a week from October 7 now? I'm confused."

I think it's a week from October 1st! Since that was the old start date. Today is the official start :)

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks! I had it down in my phone for today but I couldn't remember if we'd originally scheduled it for today or not.

Thanks. :)

message 31: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Sorry Vicki :(

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No reason to be sorry! But I accept your apology. LOL

I started yesterday but got something like 20 NOOK pages read. I'll get more done tonight.

message 33: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'm still just 3 chapters in, but I was really confused right off the bat with (view spoiler)

Still behind on other buddy reads too, but I'll try to keep up with the pace set for this one!

message 34: by Vicki (last edited Oct 09, 2014 09:09PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished Ch. 5

I agree with you, Nicole. At first a few words confused me a tad but I quickly caught on. So far I'm really enjoying this one. My main "problem" is that I keep reading it in bits and pieces and that doesn't help me due to my awful memory! LOL

Rose: I really like her character so far. I think she really does (view spoiler)

Lissa: I'm glad that she (view spoiler)

Christian: Gosh! I just hate that he (view spoiler)

Dimitri: (view spoiler)

Psi-hounds: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I found this short (3 page) scene from Dimitir's POV. Check it out! The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1) by Richelle Mead

message 36: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Thanks :) I am really behind on this buddy read :(

message 37: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments How far along is everyone because I think I might extend the time period as I am behind on this book.

message 38: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'm way behind too. Could definitely use an extension!

message 39: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments When shall we extend it to?

message 40: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments I'm liking this book so far but I'm really confused right now.

message 41: by Books On Replay (new)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) I'd love to join in on this. I've been wanting to read this series for a while. And it would be awesome if you did an extension since I just found out about this. Super excited because I think this will finally give me the push to read this series. I've been putting it off for so long :x

message 42: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Tanya, I started off confused as well, but I think it'll come together for you.

message 43: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Amber wrote: "I'd love to join in on this. I've been wanting to read this series for a while. And it would be awesome if you did an extension since I just found out about this. Super excited because I think this..."

You are welcome to join with us :) we are going to have another week to read this book x

message 44: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Vicki wrote: "Tanya, I started off confused as well, but I think it'll come together for you."

Are you sure ;) which chapter does it get less confusing because I'm on Chapter 5 :)

message 45: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Another week sounds good :)

message 46: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Great :) I shall re- do the dates xx

message 47: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Tanya, I finished through ch. 9.

message 48: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 1070 comments Ok :)