Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > help me remeber a book please

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing but I have to many books on my kindle lol I started to think of a series I wanted to reread but I can't find it. Remembering the name would be to easy. It was about a wolf pack that lived in the woods, and hunters were after them. Hunters set traps in the woods, I believe these wolves could communicate through a mate bond??? Sorry not much to go in but any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments Maybe Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Not sure about the mate bond but I know they are hunted.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ayala (elizabethann79) | 10 comments Was it a YA book or an adult romance?

message 4: by Nicola (last edited Aug 03, 2014 02:18PM) (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments i think you mean the mating , law of the lycans series well maybe anyway traps are set and they have mating bonds where they can communicate The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #3) by Nicky Charles

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments Grace I have never read thAt book but it's on my TBR now thanks!!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Was it a YA book or an adult romance?"

YA I believe

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments Nicola wrote: "i think you mean the mating , law of the lycans series well maybe anyway traps are set and they have mating bonds where they can communicate The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #3) by Nicky Charles"

I do have that series but not the one I was thinking of. Thanks tho.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments I want to say the hunters had their own society as well and kidnapped shifters as well as killed them.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ayala (elizabethann79) | 10 comments Is it 13 to Life (13 to Life, #1) by Shannon Delany

message 10: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 03, 2014 05:05PM) (new)

Elizabeth Ayala (elizabethann79) | 10 comments How about Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1) by Lauren Dane or The Charmer (Darklands, #1) by Autumn Dawn

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 62 comments Jessica wrote: "...It was about a wolf pack that lived in the woods, and hunters were after them. Hunters set traps in the woods, I believe these wolves could communicate through a mate bond???..."

Jessica wrote: "I want to say the hunters had their own society as well and kidnapped shifters as well as killed them."

Jessica, do you recall whether the book was an old release or fairly new? Were hunters formally organised (e.g., had name and/or long history)? Also, does everything take place in wooded/remote areas? (If so, then not Psy/Changeling or Breeds series.)

If mix of city & rural/woods and *not* YA, then N.J. Walters's Legacy series comes close. (But definitely adult!) #1 in series = Alexandra's Legacy

Also, some of Terry Spear's Heart of the Wolf books may fit. #1 in series = Heart of the Wolf.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ayala (elizabethann79) | 10 comments Or The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1) by Selena Blake

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments Wow I just added a few books to my TBR list thank you everyone! I am slowly trying to look through my 900 books to find the one because sadly none of the great suggestions were the one I was remembering. I think it was adult instead of UA. The hunters were organized and had ranks. I was thinking that they might have done experiments on wolves?? This is frustrating; I can't remember a lot about it but I can visualize parts I remember but can't put it into words. I do appreciate the help, if I keep getting recommendations, I am bound to find it.

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 62 comments Jessica, I feel your pain re: Kindle blackhole, as well as being unable to remember a book. If you don't use it already, there's a great freeware called calibre--amazing program! I kept 'losing' books on Kindle so now, everything goes into calibre, with Kindle only loaded w/ fav keepers & TBR for 2-week stretches (and then a few backups, just in case). I remove most of my books from Kindle after reading them. :)

Post back if you remember anything more about the book which is eluding you!

message 15: by Lee (last edited Aug 04, 2014 08:26AM) (new)

Lee (you-gotta-love-books) | 17 comments The only ones i can think of are YAs. Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1) by Rachel Hawthorne Claire de Lune (Claire de Lune, #1) by Christine Johnson

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fowls-butler | 12 comments The Heat and A Wolf's Duty found it!! I was getting both if these series mixed up in my head, so going to reread both of them. Thank you everyone