Dauntless: The Brave discussion

Discuss... > Fear Landscapes

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby | 29 comments We all know about fear landscapes so why not discuss our own?

Comment what fears would be in yours with as much or little detail, you can also include how you'd get out/deal with it like we see in the books (please no Divergent strategies)

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby | 29 comments In my landscape one of my fears would be darkness. I would just be surrounded by silent darkness on my own, at first I would run to see if there's an escape but finding out there isn't, I'd curl up into a ball and close my eyes. Because I haven't exactly faced my fear I wouldn't move on, therefore I'd stand up opening my eyes and make the most of the darkness I'm in. (Hopefully that would work)

Belle ~carry on my wayward son~ (BelleWinchester) | 380 comments In my landscape there would be me floating in a vast amount of space, like, literal outerspace, and i would be completely scared and unable to move. I would drift above(and below) everything, and have a deathly fear of being stuck there forever. I would probably have no escape strategy, (havent figured one out yet), and i would just drift amongst the stars until i died...wow, this is sooooo cheerful, lol.

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophieiscraycray4books) | 34 comments I know that I have a very irrational fear of "creepy crawlers." You know like insects and Arachnids and snakes. I am so scared. I'm not sure how I would deal with this. I think maybe it would be like I'm in a room and there are just creepy crawlers everywhere and they all are crawling on me and I let them because I know it's a fear landscape? Idk.
I also have a fear of being lonely forever. So idk what that would be.
I have a fear of roller coasters!
Um I'm scared of zombies?
I'm not exactly sure what all of my really irrational fears are. Just the insects one.
Well actually I have two really strange phobias. Okay so I have a fear of spinal chords. I know that sounds weird but you know when someone bends over and it shows there spinal chord? Yes I have a fear of that. And I know that some people can't help it. I don't know what causes this fear.
I also have a fear of things that people do with the eyeball. Hear me out. So you know when people will do that thing with their eyeball where you can only see white. OMG. It reminds me of demons.
And I guess to soooome extent I'm afraid of the dark? I think? Well I can be afraid of what is IN the dark. But I'm not REALLY afraid of it.

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 29 comments Hi Sophie, for fear of being lonely forever could possibly be you watching everyone, like family and friends, around get on with their lives playing like a movie around you at quick speed, they're creating families and you try to talk to them but it's like you're invisible so they don't respond until you're old so it feels like forever. You could possibly defeat this by accepting they can't hear you instead of struggling to reach out to them (if that's what you would do). Not very nice to think of but hey it's a fear landscape!

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophieiscraycray4books) | 34 comments Abby wrote: "Hi Sophie, for fear of being lonely forever could possibly be you watching everyone, like family and friends, around get on with their lives playing like a movie around you at quick speed, they're ..."

Wow that sounds very interesting! When you put it that way it sounds so epic. But now thanks to you if I ever went into a fear landscape(which is unlikely), I know what to do if that happened. Thanks-insert laughing emoji-

message 7: by Kelsey, Dean-Winchester-Awesome (new)

Kelsey | 572 comments Hmm... I think my biggest fear is things popping up in the dark or just popping up anywhere. Like, you know when you look at, say, a corner, and there's nothing there but then you look back again and something automatically appeared? Yeah, that would be terrifying. I'm not quite sure how I would tackle it... perhaps just calm down and learn not to be so scared of it as they all kinda appear randomly.

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby | 29 comments Another one for me would probably be the scene in Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets where Ron and Harry meet Aragog and his children because I wouldn't say I'm scared of one house spider but being in that position with something I don't partially like would make it into my landscape. I'm not sure how I'd face it though. Any help?

message 9: by Kelsey, Dean-Winchester-Awesome (new)

Kelsey | 572 comments Oh wow, I think I have a new fear too. I can't actually think of anything, I'd be too frozen from fear. But if in the fear landscape it's you being put in a position unsettling, adapting might conquer it. I think if you constantly adapt to the situations being thrown at you it wouldn't be as huge a problem anymore. Probably the lamest advice ever but it's the only one I can think of that would work every time for being in a position that's not particularly liked. :)

Belle ~carry on my wayward son~ (BelleWinchester) | 380 comments One of my other fears would also be motorcycles. Probably just me on a motorcycle going extremely fast and when I hit the breaks, it still goes. That would scare the shiznits out of me.

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 40 comments Small room, big spider. Enough said.

message 12: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Lawson | 2 comments Mine is my biggest secret ever being shared to the entire world and everyone laughing at me for it.

message 13: by Kelsey, Dean-Winchester-Awesome (new)

Kelsey | 572 comments Ahh. Yeah, those are pretty awful scenarios. Another one: Being overwhelmed/engulfed by any sort of bug. *shudders* That would be terrible.

message 14: by Abby (new)

Abby | 29 comments Being placed in the middle of the ocean would be probably make it in my land space, with sharks swimming around me whilst I'm bleeding from a cut. I do love sharks and know they're not all dangerous but with a cut and them hungry, that'd be pretty scary and I have no idea how I'd get out of it.

message 15: by Kelsey, Dean-Winchester-Awesome (new)

Kelsey | 572 comments Hmm... maybe you could fight. Weird, I know. Fight a shark? That would be crazy. But sharks have a very sensitive area on their nose which is used (I think) to find their prey. If you were to hit their nose hard enough you could probably damage the nerves or receptors or whatever it is and you would disable them, and you'd get out of it in total Dauntless style :)

message 16: by Nikita (new)

Nikita My biggest fear is spiders. So it would be related to spiders. If I look deep enough there might be something more.

message 17: by Amelia (last edited Aug 23, 2014 03:44AM) (new)

Amelia my fears would be insects, and I mean all of them, they just freak me out and I hate going near them. heights, I have a big fear of heights. don't judge me but I have a fear of rides, which is why I never go on any of them. I have a fear of water, like swimming and going on boats. I also have a fear of horror shows, like movies or tv shows, which is why I never ever watch them, or read them. Those are all the fears I could think of from the top of my head. I have no idea how I would deal with them if I went into a fear landscape. I am scared of a lot of things.

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 40 comments Maybe also being in a car and not knowing how to drive and its out of control and there are other people who are really distracting in the car with me.

message 19: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Lawson | 2 comments Tell the people in the car to shut up and tell them to drive the car

message 20: by Kelsey, Dean-Winchester-Awesome (new)

Kelsey | 572 comments Yeah, my fears are pretty much the same... Bugs. Being out in the middle of the ocean (even if I'm on a boat). Being in a car going really fast and swerving everywhere. Though, they seem to be pretty common.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I have serious arachnaphobia so those would probably be in there, obviously drowning im afraid if that..... And nudetity.... (dont ask)

message 22: by niy (new)

niy (tearsingularity) | 17 comments OK, my frears are of dolls,(when they freaking move without anyone controlling them, it's so scary)drowning, butterflies.
They sometimes fly like their broken and then they fly straight at you!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Im afraid of drowning tooo!!!

message 24: by niy (new)

niy (tearsingularity) | 17 comments Aaah, someone who understands me!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

Crimson_Indigo | Moonshine (backinblack) | 7 comments In the landscape of my fears, there would be spiders crawling everywhere, people with no eyelids, snakes, and I'd be all alone in it.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Spider!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Idk i just hate spiders!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Archnaphobia

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Good so if i ever start screaming i probably see a spider :/

message 33: by Alaa (new)

Alaa | 4 comments Insects, small animals, roller coasters, dark places, empty places
u must think I'm a coward now :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup! No im just joking xD i honestly am only rly afraid of two things since i love risks and adrenline rushes :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

We have a Dauntless right here ^ :)

message 36: by Gwen (new)

Gwen  (lemonadewho) | 8 comments i can't think of one right now!

message 37: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Mine;
Spiders
Birds
Cats Trying to Scratch me
Loosing the guy i like

but at the end of the day I really love adrendaline and being protective of people