The Ultimate Fanpage!!(YA) discussion

Book Talks > Divergent

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new)

Juliet | 321 comments Mod
My favorite book! ^-^ Tell us your thoughts on the series and the upcoming movies!

message 2: by C (new)

C | 12 comments I liked divergent, and insurgent, but that's where it stops. I'm on a bit of a tirade/anti roth movement at this time because of allegiant. Maybe, eventually I can forgive her, but at this time, not so much

message 3: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new)

I have forgiven her just because of the fact she made Divergent and Insurgent possible. :) But I agree, Allegiant is horrible for reasons I will leave vague. (Some people in this group haven't read Allegiant yet)

message 4: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new)

~Reading Rambler~ (readingrambler) | 121 comments Mod
I haven't read it yet, but I watched the movie and it convinced me to read it soon.

message 5: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new)

It's great to hear that a person who hasn't read Divergent liked the movie! Critics don't like it much :/ they keep saying it's a copycat of The Hunger Games.

message 6: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new)

That's ridiculous. (that they said its like hunger games)

message 7: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new)

Thank you! (Somebody finally understands! :o)

message 8: by shona (new)

shona | 60 comments Everyone always says everything is like the hunger games. THEY JUST HAVE TO STOP

message 9: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new)

Pretty wrote: "Everyone always says everything is like the hunger games. THEY JUST HAVE TO STOP"

for real

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 26 comments Not a copy of HG, I love the first two books mostly.

message 11: by Jessica, DreamsUnite (new)

Jessica (BooksAway) | 290 comments Mod
I honestly loved the movie SO Much!!

message 12: by C (new)

C | 12 comments I watched Divergent last night for the first time. Yea, its nothing like Hunger games... at all.. not even a little bit. And I'm sorry to say, I thought the movie was atrocious. If you hadn't read the book, and just watched the movie, you'd be really left clueless. Where's Edward? Where's Uriah? There's no back ground story to anyone really, so you never really understand why tris is THAT upset over killing will. or Albert for that matter. Four's character is so bland it makes his and tris's love seems forced. smh. They could have done so much with the movie and they just.. didn't.

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 26 comments When the movie is the type where you don't get because you haven't read the book, I say good riddance. read the book. (Yeah I know I'm cruel)

message 14: by Kylie (last edited Sep 10, 2014 09:19AM) (new)

Kylie Thomas | 1 comments I really liked Divergent and Insurgent but Alligent kind of bored me. I still have not completed Alligent. I have seen the first movie and can't wait for the second!