Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2)
This topic is about Big Mushy Happy Lump
Archive - Award Winners > Big Mushy Happy Lump - July 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Savanes | 2053 comments Mod
Graphic Novel & Comics Winner

Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen

Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2) by Sarah Andersen

Sarah Andersen's second comics collection picks up right where the first left off - huddled under a pile of blankets avoiding the responsibilities of the real world. These new comics (and illustrated personal essays!) follow the ups and downs of the unrelenting self-esteem roller coaster that is young adult life: budgeting woes, cramps, the nuances of sweater theft, and the joy of staying home all day with a box of pizza. All aboard

message 2: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I liked the first book and this one didn't disappoint. I had a few laugh out loud moments. A fast and funny read for all the introverts out there. ;)

Bookworm Sapna (bookwormsapna) | 6 comments It's amazing. Especially her story of becoming a cat person.

message 4: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookworm wrote: "It's amazing. Especially her story of becoming a cat person."

Yes I could totally relate.

CinnamonWolf (cinnamon_wolf) I just read both #1 and this one today. Very surprised to find that I liked the Big Mushy Happy Lump much better.

message 6: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Good for you! Why did you like this one better?

CinnamonWolf (cinnamon_wolf) I've been trying to figure that out and I think I found it more relatable overall. Can't quite put my finger on what exactly made me feel that way. I suppose it could be a random thing. I.e. it could just be that the second one had episodes that I found more relevant to my life.

message 8: by Savanes, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I think I had the same feeling even though I don't really like cats but maybe I didn't meet the right cat ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Big Mushy Happy Lump (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Andersen (other topics)