Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Challenge Archive > 2018- July/August/September - What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:13AM) (new)

Fran | 11477 comments Let us know what you are reading right now.......we always love to see what's on everyone else's currently reading shelf!

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:15AM) (new)

Fran | 11477 comments I just started Stealing Christmas for the PIFM July challenge. A little winter holiday cheer in the hot summer :)

message 3: by Trio (new)

Trio | 2268 comments I'm reading Under His Heel: A Kidnapping
Listening to the audiobook One Man's Trash
and reading an ARC of Bad Moon Arising

I like the idea of reading a Christmas book in July Fran, I'm going to take a page from your book and adding Santa Baby to my July reads.

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Trio wrote: "I'm reading Under His Heel: A Kidnapping
Listening to the audiobook One Man's Trash
and reading an ARC of Bad Moon Arising

I like the idea of readin..."

Ooh, how is One Man's Trash? I have it on my kindle but haven't gotten around to it yet. Seems interesting though.

I'm currently reading The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre and I'm almost done with it.

message 5: by Trio (new)

Trio | 2268 comments Jamie, One Man's Trash is amazing... there's a bunch of taboo/trigger things in it, so just beware. I've been compiling them for my review, so it's a work in progress and is a mess, but here it is (view spoiler)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Wow, that is a lot of triggers! Thanks for the heads up! I had a feeling it would be on the darker side just from the synopsis but not that dark. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm definitely intrigued now. Might have to work it into my tbr for the month.

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23476 comments I am starting off July with Rainy Day Friends - about halfway and loving it!

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 16 comments I'm reading "Birthday Girl" by Penelope Douglas. I think she just became one of my favorite authors. Really steamy reads. I'm also reading "P.S. I Still Love You" by Jenny Han and "The Darkest Minds" by Alexandra Bracken-I'm trying to decide if I really liked this one or if I am going to get rid of it after seeing the movie.

message 9: by Ikram (last edited Sep 11, 2018 02:31AM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Just started The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry . It's good but I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would.

message 11: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2) by Jennifer Ashley Little Tiny Teeth (Gideon Oliver, #14) by Aaron Elkins Sister by Rosamund Lupton Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1) by S.E. Smith Sora's Quest (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #1) by T.L. Shreffler Catering to Nobody (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #1) by Diane Mott Davidson

Currently Reading The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1) by Janet Evanovich Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Once and Future Duchess (Royal Entourage, #4) by Sophia Nash

message 12: by Robin (last edited Sep 29, 2018 08:22PM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Finally starting The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata . Super excited about it.

message 14: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1) by Janet Evanovich The Once and Future Duchess (Royal Entourage, #4) by Sophia Nash The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14) by Gena Showalter Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3) by Sarah MacLean Asking For It by Kit Tunstall The Earl of Brass (The Ingenious Mechanical Devices #1) by Kara Jorgensen Unlucky by Jana Deleon Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4) by Donna Andrews Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7) by Dianne Duvall

Currently Reading Shady Cross by James Hankins Last Gasp (a Pelican Bay Mystery Book 1) by Karen Chester

message 15: by Lep (new)

Lep | 8 comments At the moment I'm three quarters through Jayne Ann Krentz, Smoke in Mirrors. I think that I might have actually read it before ages ago, but that's okay it's entertaining and the H in it is quite funny.

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Halfway through The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang . It's pretty adorable.

message 17: by Lep (new)

Lep | 8 comments I've just started reading The Light Between Oceans by M L Steadman.

message 18: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Last Gasp (a Pelican Bay Mystery Book 1) by Karen Chester Shady Cross by James Hankins Nevermoor The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend Wedding Night by Gary Devon Out of Mind by Catherine Sampson Flying by the Seat of My Knickers (The Travel Mishaps of Caity Shaw, Book 1) by Eliza Watson Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Whispers in the Dark (Dark Romance) by LeTeisha Newton The Real Deal by Lucy Monroe

Currently Reading The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2) by Janet Evanovich Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1) by Julia Quinn

message 19: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11477 comments Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "Halfway through The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. It's pretty adorable."

I want to read this one Jamie! Still enjoying it?

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11477 comments I read Most Valuable Playboy (Most Valuable Playboy, #1) by Lauren Blakely and The Good Luck Sister (Wildstone, #1.5) by Jill Shalvis . I enjoyed them both....sweet, cute reads :)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Fran wrote: "Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "Halfway through The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. It's pretty adorable."

I want to read this one Jamie! Still enjoying it?"

I finished it. It's very, very cute! The hype kind of ruined it for me because I thought it was going to be so groundbreaking and different but it's not. Still a good read though.

message 22: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments

Finished Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1) by Julia Quinn Rocket Roll by H.C. Turk The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2) by Janet Evanovich Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan Whiskey Sour (Jack Daniels Mystery, #1) by J.A. Konrath The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1) by Lewis Carroll Courting Darkness (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #10) by Yasmine Galenorn The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan Memory Zero (Spook Squad, #1) by Keri Arthur 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7) by Debbie Macomber Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11) by Jennifer Estep

Currently Reading Dark in Death (In Death, #46) by J.D. Robb Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 23: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 59 comments Finished: Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect, #1) by Mary Frame Disgrace by Brittainy C. Cherry Black (Black, #1) by T.L. Smith For Finlay (For You, #1) by J. Nathan Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry His Captive by Nikki Chase Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins

Upcoming (TBR): Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry The Space in Between (The Space in Between, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry Our Totally, Ridiculous, Made-up Christmas Relationship by Brittainy C. Cherry Keeping Katie (A Mother's Heart #1) by Patricia Keelyn One More Round (The McLaughlins, #1) by Shelli Stevens Lost to You (Regret, #0.5) by A.L. Jackson

Mrs. Darcy or Mrs. Columbo? | 151 comments Just finished reading Badd Kitty (The Badd Brothers) (Volume 9) by Jasinda Wilder . I enjoy family series, and this one continues with the cousins.

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Total Surrender (Sin Brothers, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25) by Mary Daheim A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet The Fourth Bear (Nursery Crime, #2) by Jasper Fforde Dark in Death (In Death, #46) by J.D. Robb Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Tournament by Elisa S. Amore Skinny Dipping with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #1) by Auralee Wallace

Currently Reading Paradox (FBI Thriller #22) by Catherine Coulter Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Shaded Vision (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #11) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 26: by Courtney (last edited Sep 04, 2018 08:07PM) (new)

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 251 comments Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "Fran wrote: "Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) wrote: "Halfway through The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. It's pretty adorable."

I want to read this one Jamie! Still enjoying it?"

I finished it. I..."

Yes, I finished The Kiss Quotient also this month. I was really looking forward to it as Cosmo suggested it (That's where I get a lot of my picks. lol.) Your description is spot on, though. Adorable, but not ground-breaking. Not disappointing though. I really loved Stella Lane like a little sister.

Incidentally, I also just finished the The Rosie Project The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion by Graeme Simsion which I think tackles the same subject matter but more effectively. The fact that it's in the first person helps too as you really get into the mind of someone with Asperger's.

message 28: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I just finished Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison which I really enjoyed.

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Currently sobbing my way through LONG SHOT (A HOOPS Novel) by Kennedy Ryan by Kennedy Ryan. I see why it's so hyped. It's painful but wonderful.

message 30: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Shaded Vision (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #11) by Yasmine Galenorn Jinx by Meg Cabot Bleeding Heart by Martha Powers The Otter of Death (Gunn Zoo Mystery #5) by Betty Webb Outlaw Lovers Jude and Luke (Outlaw Lovers, #1-2) by Jan Springer A Knight and White Satin (Knights, #6) by Jackie Ivie Navarro's Promise (Breeds, #17) by Lora Leigh The Breakdown by B.A. Paris

Currently Reading Paradox (FBI Thriller #22) by Catherine Coulter Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Earth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1) by Kylie Chan

message 31: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Earth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1) by Kylie Chan Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers, #3) by Becky Chambers Paradox (FBI Thriller #22) by Catherine Coulter Lucky in Love by Kasie West Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club #1) by Donna Kauffman A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Fire Dancer (Dancer, #1) by Ann Maxwell A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8) by Debbie Macomber Bone Deep by Bonnie Dee

Currently Reading The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3) by Janet Evanovich Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Shadow's Return (Psychic Detective Mysteries #2) by S.C. Wynne

message 32: by Momlovestoread1 (new)

Momlovestoread1 | 9 comments Right Side of Forever by Meghan Quinn...needing to take an emotional break....it is so good!

message 33: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Shadow's Edge (Psychic Detective Mysteries, #1) by S.C. Wynne Shadow's Return (Psychic Detective Mysteries #2) by S.C. Wynne Something About Witches (Arcane Shot, #1) by Joey W. Hill Spirit Woman by Zara Quentin City of the Lost (Rockton, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3) by Janet Evanovich Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3) by Sophia Nash

Currently Reading Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3) by Heather Graham Unloved by Katy Regnery The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen

message 34: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 251 comments I finally finished The Selection by Kiera Cass. I have so been looking forward to this book and it was everything I hoped for! Romance, glamour, and big, beautiful dresses! Can't wait for the next one.

The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

message 35: by Taylor Carroll (new)

Taylor Carroll | 1 comments I’m new here, HI!! I write a lot so I bounce around from genre to genre with my mind consistently going 100 miles an hour, but I’ve been stuck on RomCom’s for a few months now. The past few days I have read a few books by @R.S Grey. These include: Arrogant Devil, Not So Nice Guy, and The Allure of Julian LaFray. I LOVE her sense of humor. Though the third book was by far the best.

message 36: by Cheryl (last edited Sep 06, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Cheryl Pacaud (chermama30) | 363 comments currently reading Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne

Finished: After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1) by Lauren Layne Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2) by Lauren Layne Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3) by Lauren Layne The Trouble with Love (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4) by Lauren Layne

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Currently buddy reading Block Shot (Hoops, #2) by Kennedy Ryan

Slowly making my way through Cocktales by Penny Reid . I read about 2-3 stories at a time but it's a slow going process.

message 38: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valb863) Reading Leverage in Death. J D Robb.

message 39: by Sexyladi (new)

Sexyladi Barnes | 2013 comments I'm currently reading obsessed by Eve Vaughn

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Just started Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward

message 41: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished

The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen Unloved by Katy Regnery Black Market (Wizard Hall Chronicles #2) by Sheryl Steines Dead Between the Lines (Devereaux's Dime Store, #3) by Denise Swanson Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2) by Seanan McGuire Before He Kills (Mackenzie White Mystery, #1) by Blake Pierce Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3) by Heather Graham Shadow Rising (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #12) by Yasmine Galenorn O' Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor Popped Off (Stay At Home Dad Mysteries #2) by Jeffrey Allen Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth

Currently Reading Storm Cycle by Iris Johansen Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1) by Rachel Bach

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Currently reading Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent and still working through Cocktales by Penny Reid

message 43: by Sexyladi (last edited Oct 02, 2018 06:41AM) (new)

Sexyladi Barnes | 2013 comments Currently readingDante's Wrath just finish children of the seed (3 book series. Finished forever, obsessed, Dante wrath blood brothers 4. Currently reading Romeo blood brothers 3 and Cassetile lord of lightning.

message 44: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments Finished Storm Cycle by Iris Johansen Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1) by Rachel Bach Running Hot (Arcane Society, #5) by Jayne Ann Krentz The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen Alien Proliferation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #4) by Gini Koch Sweet Revenge (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #14) by Diane Mott Davidson

Currently Reading Stygian (Dark-Hunter, #27) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.