Library Scavenger Hunt discussion

BOOKS > JULY '18 - No picture

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Happy July, everyone; it's time for a new challenge! 😁 This month, I task you to read a book without a picture on the cover. Patterns are fine, but otherwise just text.

Happy hunting!

As always:
1) Please feel free to use this thread for discussion, recommendations, and reviews.
2) Please also remember to add your book to the group bookshelf! You can do this on the group's main page by scrolling down to where it says "Bookshelf" at the bottom, and clicking on "Add Books".

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara Million | 20 comments I'm going to read The Woman in the Window for this challenge. It's a suspense/thriller which is not a genre I read much of. It's got pretty good reviews and it's supposed to be similar to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, both of which I enjoyed, so hopefully it'll be good. The cover seems to fit the challenge, I think.

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Million | 20 comments Finished The Woman in the Window and enjoyed it enough to give it 4 stars! It's a fun, quick beach read type book that's solidly in the domestic thriller/unreliable narrator genre. Although I was able to guess alot of the major plot twists ahead of time, it was fun to keep reading in order to see if I'd guessed correctly. There are alot of film references in the novel, which were great - now I'm inspired to watch more black and white classic film noir!

message 4: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
I finally finished my review! (& am realising that I should really stop putting off my LSH book until right at the end of the month.. πŸ˜…) For this month's challenge I read Women & Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard, which I've been meaning to get around to since Christmas, but never seem to find the time for - and I'm pleased to say that it was a really interesting read! πŸ‘ I've posted my review on my blog.