#HPReadathon2018 discussion

#HPReadathon2018 > HBP: The memories

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (thataleech) | 40 comments Mod
Should Dumbledore have introduced the Voldemort memories to Harry earlier?
- How would this have changed their relationship?
- How would this have changed the course of the book/s?
- Knowing that he was going to die within the year, should Dumbledore have told Harry everything he knew as to not leave Harry in the dark (in the next book)?

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (ravenclaw_patronus) | 29 comments I think Harry would have been confused and overwhelmed if Dumbledore showed him Voldemort’s memories when he was young because he’s only a kid. If Dumbledore had shown them to Harry the year before, Harry would have wanted to leave school and just focus on destroying the horcruxes which would not have been goo because he would have lost two years at Hogwarts instead of one, so I thnk it’s best that Dumbledore only showed Harry Voldemort’s memories when he was in year six.
Dumbledore annoyed me so much because he didn’t tell Harry the whole truth about how he kne he was going to die and be killed by Snape, how Snape was trying to protect cause he loved Lily and how Dumbledore really thought Harry was going to die. Harry should have been told all of this before Dumbledore’s deat rather than figurng it all out in the middle of a war with Snapes memories. Harry would have a dfferent outlook on the situation and would have done different things if he knew all the information Dumbledore hid from him,which I think should have never been hid from Harry.

message 3: by Dems (new)

Dems (curlypotterhead) | 3 comments Should Dumbledore have introduced the Voldemort memories to Harry earlier?
I was just thinking about this earlier. After careful consideration I'd have to say no. I think Harry would have been way too young to view the situation

- How would this have changed their relationship?
I think it would have stayed the same.

- How would this have changed the course of the book/s?
I really dont know. If he would have showed the memories earlier maybe Harry wouldn't have enjoyed Hogwarts as much as he did. I think introducing it to him later has allowed him to be a kid a little longer.

- Knowing that he was going to die within the year, should Dumbledore have told Harry everything he knew as to not leave Harry in the dark (in the next book)?
Yes, I am not a fan of how Dumbledore left things off before his dead. Maybe a lot of casualties could have been prevented if Dumbledore told Harry into details what he knew