Words Bookclub discussion

JULY BOOK OF THE MONTH > THE HATE YOU GIVE - READING PROGRESS

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noha (new)

Noha Badawi (shetellsastory) | 62 comments Mod
Well, many doesn't read at the speed of lightning or have a busy schedule and this gets a bit discouraging to read!
I've got your back don't worry; I'll dive the book for you below in case you want to spread it over the entire month of July, read it at your own path and reflect on it.
(of course, a binge is an option)

The book is an average of 450+ pages in total.
If you split them on 4 weeks you get = 112+ pages / week (piece of cake, right?!)

If this suits you, go ahead and split the book to easily get through it. And if you binge it then Hurrah to you!
And update us all here with your progress, thoughts and feels about the book.

message 2: by Karima (new)

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments I started this book two days ago and I managed to read 145 pages so far. I think I'm going to stop for this week and continue the next one.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (booksforever19) | 5 comments I just started the book today and i'm only 50 pages through it. I hope to read some more but I work the next two days!

message 4: by Menatallah (new)

Menatallah (menatallah97) i started the book on the first of July and finished it yesterday 🙈 ..

message 5: by Noha (new)

Karima wrote: "I started this book two days ago and I managed to read 145 pages so far. I think I'm going to stop for this week and continue the next one."

Wohoooo ! way to go, where are you now? I'm ashamed to say that I myself didn't start it yet.
Though I'll get to it tonight.

message 6: by Noha (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I just started the book today and i'm only 50 pages through it. I hope to read some more but I work the next two days!"

Way to go !!

message 7: by Noha (new)

Mena wrote: "i started the book on the first of July and finished it yesterday 🙈 .."

Wow Wow !! Looks like it's fast paced.

message 8: by Noha (new)

hoda wrote: "...somehow i haven't even started reading the book yet...
am i okay?"

You're good ! I'll still start it today haha

message 9: by Noha (new)

Bojana wrote: "I read the first two chapters and damn this book is good"

I'm glad !

message 10: by Laila (new)

Laila Mohammad The book is really good and interesting so far, but unfortunately as am so off mood, I only managed to get to the 7th Chapter....but I am excited to get through it all, it's just a bit of a hard quite true story that's hard to digest all at once :)

message 11: by Karima (new)

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments Noha wrote: "Karima wrote: "I started this book two days ago and I managed to read 145 pages so far. I think I'm going to stop for this week and continue the next one."

Wohoooo ! way to go, where are you now? ..."

I'm on page 260 now, I'm taking my time with the book because I don't want to miss anything.

message 12: by Noha (new)

Laila wrote: "The book is really good and interesting so far, but unfortunately as am so off mood, I only managed to get to the 7th Chapter....but I am excited to get through it all, it's just a bit of a hard qu..."

Yes, the story is a handful and it's either you binge it or divide it to slowly grasp it.
I finished reading it and I've got a lot to say =D

message 13: by Noha (new)

Karima wrote: "Noha wrote: "Karima wrote: "I started this book two days ago and I managed to read 145 pages so far. I think I'm going to stop for this week and continue the next one."

Wohoooo ! way to go, where ..."

Awesome, how is it going so far ?

message 14: by Karima (new)

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments So I finally did, I finished reading the hate U give today and it was a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts

message 15: by Noha (new)

Karima wrote: "So I finally did, I finished reading the hate U give today and it was a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts"

Amen to that !

message 16: by Nada (new)

Nada | 3 comments I'm not sure I can still post here since this discussion is already over, but I only found this book-club now and I'm sad I didn't get to participate, but I'm on page 163 and I'm loving the book so far :)

message 17: by Noha (new)

Nada wrote: "I'm not sure I can still post here since this discussion is already over, but I only found this book-club now and I'm sad I didn't get to participate, but I'm on page 163 and I'm loving the book so..."

Welcome on board Nada, =))!
It's okay dear, you can join anytime you want.
How did you end up liking the book?

message 18: by Nada (new)

Nada | 3 comments Hey there, I just finished the book and the ending is really touching. I liked it because it conveys a powerful message. I might have read it at the wrong time though since I was looking for something light-hearted, but it was a great book all the same. I really enjoyed it, even though it's heartbreaking. I hope you enjoyed it too!