Words Bookclub discussion

The Hate U Give (The Hate U Give, #1)
This topic is about The Hate U Give
JULY BOOK OF THE MONTH > THE HATE YOU GIVE - FAVORITE CHARACTER

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Noha Badawi (shetellsastory) | 62 comments Mod
Who's your favorite character in the book, why ?!

Hiba Arrame My favourite character from the book was Starr's dad, I loved how willing he was to sacrifice everything for his family, and how high he held his head to inspire his children so much strength and defiance.

I also loved the fact that he was no one to quiet down about his rights, but when it came to his kids well being, he was ready to surrender and step over his ego.

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments You know, I kept thinking about it and I think my favorite character in the book is starr's mom. I think she's the character that I can't criticize at all. she's great and she's a strong mother who knows that she needs to balance her commitment to her community and her love for her children.

Hiba wrote: "My favourite character from the book was Starr's dad, I loved how willing he was to sacrifice everything for his family, and how high he held his head to inspire his children so much strength and d..."

Totally agree with you !
I loved how devoted he was to his family and I did feel he was hard on them sometimes but yet that's what father's are supposed to be.
And i felt him to be an example of strength and resilience.

Karima wrote: "You know, I kept thinking about it and I think my favorite character in the book is starr's mom. I think she's the character that I can't criticize at all. she's great and she's a strong mother who..."

One of the best mother figures I've read about in a long, long, long time.

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments I totally agree with you,

Karima chermiti (karichma) | 17 comments Noha wrote: "Karima wrote: "You know, I kept thinking about it and I think my favorite character in the book is starr's mom. I think she's the character that I can't criticize at all. she's great and she's a st..."

I totally agree with you,

Shahenda Khaled | 3 comments For me it was Kenya I think. I really sympathized with her situation and her vulnerable side was painful to see. She has such a strong personality that I think is there mainly because it has to be given her father's business and her family situation. It was incredible seeing her loyalty being brought into the light in all the right situations.

I feel like I would've totally fell for Khalil if we'd seen more of him. Still, it's good we haven't or else I wouldn't have survived the book X_X