Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

Giovanni's Room
This topic is about Giovanni's Room
New School Classics- 1900-1999 > Giovanni's Room - NO spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melanti | 2383 comments This thread is for background information and general discussion of our July 2018 New School Group Read selection, Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin.

Please DO NOT post spoilers in this thread.

Ella (ellamc) I'm so excited to read this - my used copy (for $1 - looks completely new) arrived this week.

Leni Iversen (leniverse) | 1245 comments I have asked the library to locate this for me. Fingers crossed they will succeed and soon.

Thorkell Ottarsson Finished it in one day. Just could not stop. Straight to my list of favorite books.

message 5: by Cendaquenta (new) - added it

Cendaquenta | 44 comments I only just joined the group and luckily have this on my Kindle already, so I think I will read this along with you all at some point during the month. :)

Ella (ellamc) My used copy (which I could swear is brand new, but it only cost a bit) just arrived, so I plan on joining as well.

Leni Iversen (leniverse) | 1245 comments Thorkell wrote: "Finished it in one day. Just could not stop. Straight to my list of favorite books."

That sounds promising! I really liked his Go Tell It on the Mountain and I've heard that this one is even better, so I expect to love it. Will be starting it this weekend.

message 8: by Cendaquenta (new) - added it

Cendaquenta | 44 comments Forgot to read this in July but it's James Baldwin's birthday today (he would've been 94) so I am going to start it.

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Go Tell It on the Mountain (other topics)
Giovanni's Room (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Baldwin (other topics)