PEACE discussion

Peaceful welcomes and Peaceful telling who we are in God

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 107 comments Mod
Welcome Selena! I am so happy that you are here with us. Peace be unto you!
Would you like to tell us something about yourself?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

HI everyone. I am Sharon. I love God. Christ is my Saviour and Friend.
I love horses, therefore, it is wonderful of the Lord to place me here in Texas so near the beautiful open country of Mesquite trees, and horse breeding ranches.
I sustain my non owning a horse existence with going up to the fences of the near-by ranches and pushing my palm opened hand full of wild grass through the wire, to my delight of having a horse or two or three come up to eat out of my hand and stay long enough for me to pet their brave faces and study thier noble characters.
:) Sharon

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Good Cheer to Everyone! My name is Diana, I live in the suburbs of Dallas, TX, and keep busy raising my kids and working. I love God, he has been so good to me throughout my life. I know he is there for me through any trial I find myself in. I have learned to have a calm trust in him when I am in my very worst condition. I give my troubles to the Lord, and he works things out for me. I am so thankful to have this relationship with Him, and each day is a new discovery of His Majesty and Power.
Sharon ... nothing is more Satisfying than petting the soft wiggly flesh of a horses nose! Enjoy!

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Good Cheer to you Diana! I like that. We can always be of Good Cheer!

And a Big Cheery Welcome to "B". She looks like she signed on this morning. Me and "B" are admitted "hippy" girlfriends at heart.
B will you please tell us something about the fine person you are! We all look forward to you sharing your heart, soaking in the Godly frienships, and having fun here.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

okay! It looks like I just told everyone that me and "B" have huge hips - not what I meant by "hippy" - lol, so that would be "hippie" (good laugh there_.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Yesterday morning, as I lay in bed just before time to get up, my mind was wandering. Thinking about you, Sharon, about God, about miracles. I thought of myself as a mountain goat. Climbing on a steep rocky mountainside. I could visualize the mountain with medium sized brown rocks - each one a challenge to steady yourself on to get to the next. My journey to God is like each step of the mountain goat. He is prepared for the climb by his design, but he must still take care to be sure each step is solid and sure. It can be a slow climb... each step calculated and a bit scary, but the prize at the top of the mountain is the ultimate desire. I won't look down. I will keep stepping one rock at a time until I reach the top.

I know God placed that idea in my head, because it was so clearly defined to me. I am in the process of re-reading Sharon's book, and I got to the "climb" chapter today. Funny-I had forgotten this chapter-now I look at it with fresh eyes, like pearing from my mountainside over a glorious fertile land. I am so happy that God wishes to teach me and help me understand. It fills me with so much love.
I would love to hear stories from others - perhaps they too are having "moments" like this. It is a wonderful feeling.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Hi Jeannie, I'm so glad you joined our group! You have a fun and happy voice and we would all like to now more about you? I know you are an aspiring writer and live in Texas too.
you drive Race cars?
Lets all get to know each other better & share who we are! :)

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Welcom Selena! You are so lovely!
Your profile is set to private so I was not able to learn about you ... will you please introduce yourself and share something of who you are?

It will be great if we can all come here to PEACE to a room full of friends that we feel like we each know each other and its like dropping in to visit for tea time and refreshing!
sound good?

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Tea-Time How fun!
You can never have too many friends.
Texas girls are very friend-ly. : )
I look forward to meeting you all!
Welcome!!

Can anyone suggest a good inspirational book? or story? Obviously - Sharon's, but in addition to her's?
Have you read 90 minutes in Heaven? by Don Piper. Powerful! God's miracles and the promise of Heaven is so incredable to read about in this book.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Oh WoW! Diana!!! I've been wanting to know what you look like! Your Photo is Fabulous - Dahling - tell us all ...you had that done at Glamour Shots, now tell us the truth, didn't you!
I must know where the sale is for those happy purple shoes that double as a skateboard to keep up with the kids.
Diana, will you please tell us all about the children in your life?
Thank you for sharing about your beautiful God moment about the mountain goat - no wonder you look so elated! You are sailing girl!
Open and honest, we can share the things of our hearts - and this be a trusting place to come to here.
:)Sharon

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Hi everyone!

My name is Vanessa, and I love and am in love with God. I am happy to be a part of such a warm and loving group. Thanks for starting it, Sharon!

Diana, I started on 90 minutes in heaven, life got busy and I put it away. I am going to go back to it. And of course, I hope to be reading Sharon's story soon!

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Great Vanessa - be aware it is difficult to get through his trials, but there is much to be learned from what he goes through and it was a blessing to me. I hope it brings some insight to you as well. It would be great to read Sharon's book right after, as you will appreciate the miracles so much more in that order, I believe. I'm very happy you are a part of our little group!

Thanks Sharon... I'll share my children with you.
My kids are so GREAT and are such gifts from God! I actually have 6. 2 from my first marriage (sons 26 and 19), 2 my husband brought to our marriage-(26 daughter and 22, son), and 2 we adopted which were born to his daughter. The youngest 2 occupy most of my time and energy - 4 1/2 (girl) and 7 (boy) (as you can imagine). Our 7 year old is so sweet and caring. He tries to take care of everyone. Our little princess is a lover of all things Pink and is full of drama and has quite a sense of humor. I'm so happy that God placed me in the position to Mother these children, it has enriched my life and though it can be tiring at times, the rewards are GREAT! God is so good to me!

message 13: by B. (new)

B. | 4 comments Tee hee hee! I'm "hippy" too :) Well let's see...first I'm so excited about this group! I will admit, I'm not great at keep up with everything on a day to day basis so bear with me if I don't get back with any of you quickly.

I'm a new mama to my first child - Stella Grace born March 3, 2009. I am also a step monster ;) to Tori-Beth (almost 8) I'm married to the love of my life. We live in Georgia.

I love love love books and the outdoors. Although motherhood hasn't provided any time for it recently my husband and I love to backpack, camp, day hike, rock climb, kayak and all that jazz.

It's wonderful to meet all of you!

message 14: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Stella Grace- what a beautiful name. How wonderful! Congrats! Feel free to ask for "mom tips" if needed. Many of us have been through the many stages. : )
Thanks for be-friending us and sharing your Peace loving life.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Hello everyone today! Hugs and smiley face :) to all!

Today I especially want to welcome our newest sister in PEACE - *** Wanda from Ft. Wayne IN. *** I feel like I should be doing a cheer with pom poms jumping in the air - Gimme a F ... gimme a I ... Gimme a Ft. Wayne Indiana. Why do I feel like a cheer leader? Does Ft. Wayne have some sports team?

ANYway, excuse the wanderings of my spirit ...
Wanda is a dear sister who definately loves our Lord Jesus Christ. Please Wanda, will you join in and chat with us so we can know you better? Tell us something about your self? Your family? Your work? Your life in Christ? Do you like music???

Maybe I'm thinking of the book and play The Music Man? I think Wanda hears the Music of God. My spirit feels like cheering for this!! Yippee! I can see a Music Man leading a band in a parade down the main street of a town with all the people gathered to be delighted - with many insturments in the band! Very happy praising music! Sounds that make hearts well up with joy. They are leaving their hum drum darkness to come dwell in the Light of Holy Heaven!

Wanda! You are an amazing bringer of Joy to the Kindgom of God. I can see this in my spirit! I am smiling!

Sharon

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Philippians 4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Happy back to school time for all! Welcome Wanda!

message 17: by Sharon (new)

HI LORI !!! I am so glad to see your beautiful face here!
And a great Big Wave Howdy From My Front Porch To You Girl!!
Thank you so much for accepting my invitaiton to join our PEACE group.
Lori I just looked on a map to see how far you are in Jefferson City MO from me in Texas - wow you are right there in the middle of US aren't you! You know, it looks like about as far as my husband and I drive south to Galveston ... if we just turned the other way and drove through Oklahoma and Arkansas, we'd be in your home town in just about the same amount of miles! Cool!

Lori, you are right at home here -
Please jump in and tell us something about yourself? your family? your work? anything at all!

love, Sharon

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Welcome Lori -

Yes, please share something about you? Do you have kids? Married? Whatever you would like to share.
I tip my Texas cowgirl hat to you!
- I don't really have it on right now at work : )

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Welcome Cammie,
How are you today?

message 20: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 28, 2009 01:50AM) (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Sorry, I am late. But welcome aboard Lori! This is a great place to be! A lot of southern hospitality is in the house...:)

Anyone got any southern vegetable recipes to share? I am semi vegetarian, (no red meats) weaning myself to become a vegan.

I went to the market yesterday, I discovered they had an array of organic products. So, I shall be going there on the regular. I LOVE IT! expensive, but worth it.

There was a company called: Food For Life, based on the scripture, Ezekiel 4:9., "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils.."

This Low Sodium Bread and other organic products cereal, ect. Have anyone else heard of this product?

www.goodguide.com/products/217617-foo...

message 21: by Sharon (new)

OH HI ANNIE!! So glad to see you come to join us! We are a lovely group of women who love Jesus. I know you are a woman of God, too.
Will you tell us something about yourself? :)
welcome! Sharon

message 22: by Annie (new)

Annie (anhabella) Hi!
Well I work in the Advertising Department of the Statesman Journal. I love to read and do crafts. I am currently working my way through a bible study guide titled... Women of the New Testament. I am always looking for more learning and reading guides that are good, so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, or if anyone would like to work and learn through them together that would be great!

Thanks!
~Annie

message 23: by Sharon (last edited Oct 04, 2009 02:37AM) (new)

HI Bev!! Welcome to the Group! PEACE Be Unto you!
WE are all looking forward to knowing more about you!
I live in Texas with my good husband. We have two black lab dogs. And a calico colored cat recently came to stay awhile.
My days are spent writing, I'm working on a second book so I stay kind of secluded lately finishing up my manuscript, which has a deadline soon.

How about you? What do you do with your days?
Please do tell us more about South Africa. I for one am extremely interested to know more about where you live. Thanks, share lots of info!

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Hi Deborah! I am so happy that you joined! Its a nice group of girls in Christ here. Come on ladies, say a Howdy to Deborah and someone pass that traveling pants of PEACE on to her! :)
Tell us about yourself, Deb. Do you like to be called Deb or Deborah?
I am married, have two sons, and live in Texas where God grants me to favor of showing me horses every day.
Do you have a job? Stay at home Mom? How are you?
Sharon

message 25: by Deborah (last edited Nov 06, 2009 08:34PM) (new)

Deborah McCarragher (debitsdeb) | 1 comments Sharon and all the ladies here... Sorry I'm late in answering... I'm a first-time grandma 1 week ago and I've been up to my ears in several things :)
I am an empty nester and husband will be retiring end of year (pray for me please) (LOL)
I prefer to be called "Deborah" and I have been a small business owner for over 20 yrs. and was blessed to be a "stay at home Mom" while my son was young. He is now 23, married, new Dad, US Marine officer, and is my only. My husband is retired US Navy Reserves and is US Govt. employee for over 38 yrs.
I met the Lord Jesus at age 33 (20 yrs. ago) and am in love with God's Word. I wrote a book for women who love Jesus and are married to men who don't share their passion. You can view it on my profile page.
I also started a Blog this summer and am learning the ins and outs of social networking, etc. I'm a newbie!
Love to all - My goal is to encourage women with my book and the ministry it represents. It's all about Him! (Heb. 10:23)
P.S. I live in north Florida.
Deborah

message 26: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 13 comments Welcome Deborah! It's nice to meet you!

Congratulations on you Grandchild! I'm looking forward to the day I can be one! I have two children, 22 and 19 both single, so it will be while.

I'm going to check out your book! My hubby doesn't share my passion for Christ either. It really makes it hard at times.

Glad you found us and if you have not read Sharon's book I would highly recommend it!

PEACE
Wanda

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Hello Deborah! And welcome to our group PEACE! I love it here. Sharon is absolutely wonderful! As are the rest of the ladies of this group.

Deborah. Do you know the biblical referrence of your name and who she was in the Bible? I bet you do! lol

I drop by as often as I can, to get my refill of encouragement and friendship connections! smiles!

Congrats on being a first time grandmother! I will be heading on over to your page to check out your book!

Blessings,
Vanessa

message 28: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie Faulkner Barber | 13 comments Hello there Deborah and again....WELCOME! This group WILL bring you PEACE. What an interesting bio you presented. You're obviously a very talented, accomplished lady with a lot going on in your life. I'm a novice writer so a big congrats on the book you wrote. Regardless of your husband's (or any of our loved ones, friends, family, etc.)views, we all know God is still on His Throne and in control. His vision of USE of others is so beyond our realm of depth and sight. Even though we may have someone who doesn't share our views, or their walk isn't like ours, I honestly believe God is holding their hand, even carrying them perhaps. IN HIS TIME...that's what I have to keep reminding myself about similar situations. It's actually a test for us instead of for the other person we're so focused on. How much are we willing to pray, or keep our eyes on Him, in that special prayer we constantly say? This is just my opinion (humble), but we do know one thing for sure, prayer DOES change things! I know for me sometimes it's MY perception. *smile* Just a footnote for a big grin...I'm blond! I'm glad you're part of our SISTERHOOD now!
Blessings, Jeannie

message 29: by Sharon (new)

Welcome to Marilyn! Tell us about yourself new friend! You are welcome and loved here!

message 30: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 1 comments I am Shalonda. I am so excited about life and about all that our Great Creator and Source of life has for us. I must say that though I was raised up in church, I am more excited now because God has been showing me Him on a level that I was once afraid to see. A real one. :-) I prayed a few times for a pure heart and motives and that He allow me to see His heart for this world and the hearts of those that love Him but that are hurt and pushed aside.
I pray to continue to be used to uplift others and continue to be a loving friend. Love is vital to our walk.
I am glad to be apart of this group. It is named after my favorite signature. Peace!

message 31: by Sharon (new)

Peace be unto you Shalonda! I am glad God led you here. I applaud your ministry to lift up and encourage. I myself have been helped so many times by that one small encouraging word or kindness that has fed me through many dark years.
Let's be a people who all encourage each other more!!!