Monthly Challenges discussion

July 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Jul 01, 2018 01:43AM) (new)

Diana S | 1864 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: Florida by Lauren Groff The Myth of Perpetual Summer by Susan Crandall The Gray Ghost (Fargo Adventure, #10) by Clive Cussler Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman & The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: Clock Dance by Anne Tyler Lear's Shadow by Claire Holden Rothman Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters #25) by Heather Graham Dear Mrs Bird by A.J. Pearce Jell-O Girls A Family History by Allie Rowbottom

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 497 comments Here are my 5 books:

Exit West by Mohsin Hamid Hillbilly Elegy A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance Chains (Seeds of America, #1) by Laurie Halse Anderson The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead Dark Assassin (William Monk, #15) by Anne Perry

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 544 comments For Marilyn I pick
Exit West by Mohsin Hamid Dark Assassin (William Monk, #15) by Anne Perry

My five are
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10) by Cleo Coyle The Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright Pecan Pies and Homicides (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #3) by Ellery Adams

message 4: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 773 comments For Amber I pick:
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and The Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright

My five are:
The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1) by Christine Wenger Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1) by Ilona Andrews Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger Covert Pursuit by Terri Reed

message 5: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments For Linda I pick:
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger and Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1) by Christine Wenger

Here are my five:
Failure Is an Option An Attempted Memoir by H. Jon Benjamin Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth

message 6: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 338 comments For Amberly:
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth and Failure Is an Option An Attempted Memoir by H. Jon Benjamin

My five:
Woolly The True Story of the Quest to Revive One of History's Most Iconic Extinct Creatures by Ben Mezrich When I Was the Greatest by Jason Reynolds The Last Ballad by Wiley Cash Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver Consider the Fork A History of How We Cook and Eat by Bee Wilson

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments For Amberly I pick:
The Last Ballad by Wiley Cash and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver

My five:
Honolulu by Alan Brennert Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Listening Woman (Leaphorn & Chee, #3) by Tony Hillerman My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Can someone please pick for me?

message 9: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 338 comments I'll pick for you!
Honolulu by Alan Brennert and The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Bethany wrote: "I'll pick for you!
Honolulu by Alan Brennert and The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings"

Thanks, Bethany!