The Catholic Book Club discussion

The Life of Catherine of Sienna: By Her Confessor the Blessed Raymond of Capua
This topic is about The Life of Catherine of Sienna
Life of St. Catherine of Sienna > Catherine's mystic life

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manuel Alfonseca | 1644 comments Mod
Comment on Catherine's visions of Christ, her mystic marriage, her dialogue with God, her miracles...

Manuel Alfonseca | 1644 comments Mod
I have found chapters 7-11 of the second part, related to Catherine's miracles and prophecies, easier to take. The part about her visions and her personal relation with Christ was harder. I think the image of Christ presented here by Raymund is quite different from what is usually found elsewhere.

message 3: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Myers | 269 comments I agree with Manuel. Just throwing this out there: If she is married to Christ -- even in the mystical sense -- why or how does he call her "daughter"?

Fonch | 1458 comments Madeleine wrote: "I agree with Manuel. Just throwing this out there: If she is married to Christ -- even in the mystical sense -- why or how does he call her "daughter"?"

In my impression it is not bad that she has a virgin vote, and she was a Christ`s wife. A lot of saints did the same votes. In my opinion is really positive, although i am worried for the reject of Saint Catherine to the male gender. One person can be loyal to her oath without mistreating to the males.