What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Picture book (read in late 80s or early 90s). Unlucky man suffers many problems (e.g., leaves shoes by a fire & his house burns down, sleeps in middle of road & gets run over).

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments An unlucky man suffers many problems. For example, He left his shoes by the fire and his house burns down. He slept in the middle of the road and he gets run over. After many such problems, Finally someone tells him he is not unlucky, he is stupid. Overjoyed at this news he changes his life.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments I read this book in the late 80’s or early 90’s. The title I remember is something like “bad luck ________,” or “hard-luck _____.”

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments I read this book in the late 80’s or early 90’s. I remember the title being something like “Bad luck Joe, or Hard luck Harry” or something similar.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4325 comments Was it definitely a man? Good Luck, Bad Luck seems similar, but it's a rabbit.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36550 comments Mod
Cindy, is this a picture book for kids (about 32-48 pages) or a graphic novel for teens or adults?

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments Thank you so much for your responses! The book is definitely about a man, and it is a picture fiction book for children. Probably about 30 pages. Thank you so much!

message 7: by Kris (new)

I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments Thank you!

message 9: by Kris (last edited Jul 17, 2018 03:56PM) (new)

A guess - The Lucky Man by Mary Blount Christian? "The cumulative catastrophes of hard-luck Felix land him in court where a wise judge's decisions prove him a lucky man." http://www.worldcat.org/title/lucky-m...

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Jones | 6 comments Good guess, but that is not it. Thank you!

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Cindy?