What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

One Snowy Night
This topic is about One Snowy Night
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 90ies contemporary romance with truck driver hero and heroine pregnant with other man's child. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Jun 30, 2018 10:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments I'm looking for a 90ies contemporary romance. I read it when I was a teen, so probably early to mid nineties would be my bet for a time of publication. I don't know if it was a Harlequin, a Mills & Boons or which other publisher. I live in Denmark and I remember it being in a magazine format, called "The weekly romance" - that sort of thing doesn't exist anymore, but I don't know who originally owned those stories published in that format back then in Denmark.

PLOT (some spoilers may occur in the following)
I remember it quite vividly as I think it was the first time I read a romance where the H wasn't a millionaire or a doctor or businessman. He was a truck driver!

H is a truckdriver, he has just bought a new truck, I believe it was an anteater and he is very proud of it, saved for ages. He picks up h on a sideroad, thinking she is a runaway teen. She is in labour. He delivers the baby (he is worried about the upholstery in the new truck) and take them both home. Baby sleeps in a drawer from his dresser, with one of his sweaters as a blanket. He lets them stay and he goes back on the road. Baby wont stop crying until he comes back home.

She is on the run from abusive older ex. Ex won her in a poker game from her alcoholic father. Ex name is Jonas. I don't remember the names of H or h. I think she might be married to the ex.

There is some kind of confrontation with ex, who is sterile (and might have been impotent too? I think he never actually touched her sexually) and had h artificially inseminated. Baby looks a lot like H. I think the confrontation maybe happens in a bar, either below H's apartment or very close by.

It takes place somewhere in the US, maybe Nevada? But I'm not sure.

Anyone know this?

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Ayshe wrote: "One Christmas Knight maybe?"

sadly not, but thanks for the suggestion. He didn't have any children.

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Ayshe wrote: "One Snowy Night then? It has Jonas: https://books.google.com/books?id=rDu..."

oh my god! I think you found it! I have been looking for this book for 5 years! I cannot believe it! I bet it's actually absolutely horrid when I re-read it LOL - but thank you so much!!!

How do I move this to solved?

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Sadly it doesn't seem to be available anywhere :( But at least I now know what it's called and who it's by...

message 7: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Neal | 5 comments It's available in paperback through both Amazon and B&N.

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments It's available on the Internet Archive Library:

https://archive.org/details/onesnowyn...

You need to be a member to take out books, but it's free; you only need to give them your email.

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Elizabeth wrote: "It's available in paperback through both Amazon and B&N."

yeah, but doesn't ship to my part of the world unfortunately

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Sam wrote: "It's available on the Internet Archive Library:

https://archive.org/details/onesnowyn...

You need to be a member to take out books, but it's free; you only need to give them your email."

uh, I'll try this. Found it in the UK in paperback - but the delivery cost are 6 times the book LOL

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Goerlitz | 9 comments Oh my god Sam. I love you! I didn't even know this existed. Thanks so much!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36643 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Anna.

I moved your request to a Solved folder by clicking the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).